Ever wondered why you never see Exoskeletons for sale? This fixes that and some critical bugs/issues. Click Read More for the full change list.
This is a spiritual successor to my addon of the same name for Call of Chernobyl 1.4.22, which can be found here. I originally uploaded that mostly for my own retention, but it got enough downloads to where I figured there was an interest, so I'm doing the same for this mod because it is AMAZING. And so is DoctorX.
Many of the changes I did to CoC 1.4.22 are included as a baseline in CoTZ 1.2. The changes in this addon are basically a result of me doing my first playthrough of vanilla CotZ 1.2 and thinking "man, I wish this was different/this was a thing/this was fixed". You can find the full change notes below, organized by file name, and what changes occur by using that file. You can pick and choose which changes you'd like to use by only using the corresponding files.
Let me know if there's any other changes or fixes you'd like to see, as well as your opinions about the things on the To-Do list.
To install: Simply extract the gamedata folder to your CoTZ directory as usual. If you are asked to overwrite anything (and you are NOT updating from an older version), something is conflicting with another addon you're using. Delete any files who's changes you do not wish to use.
- Make the Heavy Pockets achievement actually do something. (Permanent 10kg carry weight boost is what I'm thinking.) From what I can see in the game files, this achievement currently does absolutely nothing to traders. The only change to their stock happens at 1500 goodwill for their faction, at which point they can offer their factions exoskeleton. All attempts to cleanly and retroactively apply the carry weight bonus thus far have failed, and I am open to suggestions or examples of similar effects to learn from.
- Add armor to the psy-resistance artifacts. As it stands, with any kind of decent outfit, you will be more or less immune to all psy anomalies and take very little damage from psy attacks, thus the psy resistance artifacts never get used. Also considering that there is in-game dialogue about artifacts that make bullets weave right past you but there are no such artifacts, this is a perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone in a way that makes sense and is lore friendly. Considering that you can use an exoskeleton or radiation suit and swap out artifacts to be immune to any kind of anomaly and get the best of both worlds, why shouldn't it be possible to do the opposite? Wear an anomaly suit and use artifacts for bullet protection and combat stats. This will almost definitely be implemented at some point, I just need to consider the armor values so it's not too strong.
- Fix the janky-ass stuttery movement that happens on stairs and in heat anomalies. It might be an engine thing.
- Disable mugging/blackouts. Let's be honest, everyone just quickloads when this happens anyway. I appreciate what this feature was trying to do, but when death is less annoying, the design is fundamentally flawed in my opinion. As it stands for me, mugging is just a death with an extra 10 second delay on quickloading.
In addition to all the changes listed in Version 1.0, the following changes have been added:
- Fixes a bug that incorrectly reversed artifact respawn rates pertaining to the Geologist achievement.
- The respawn rate without the achievement is now correctly set to 25% instead of 50%.
- The respawn rate with the achievement is now correctly set to 50% instead of 25%.
- Changes the functionality of the Well Dressed achievement to now give you the maximum possible harvest off dead mutants, instead of a 20% chance for one extra part.
- Fixes a critical issue if you slept long enough for an emission check to occur after finishing the main storyline. This issue would cause an endless loop of emissions to try and start, then instantly get skipped due to main story completion. This would cause artifacts to be wildly oversaturated and would completely ruin your "emissions survived" statistic.
- This fix will work on existing saves, but it cannot undo borked "emissions survived" statistics.
- (1.1a) Re-enabled the PDA alert in the bottom left corner of the screen that an emission has occurred in the zone. This alert only happens when an emission occurs offscreen, such as while you're sleeping or in an interior level.
- After you have unlocked the "Rag and Bone" achievement, you will now have a 10% chance to discover a stash location if you are the first person to loot a fallen stalker or zombified stalker.
- If an NPC loots the corpse before you do, you will lose your chance!
- The stashes generated by this effect use DoctorX's improved stash generation technique, and will have lore text applied to them where applicable!
- The amount of bonus repairs you get from using spare parts is now 20%, up from 15%.
- (Note that the previous changes introduced by this file in version 1.0 have been removed.)
- configs\misc\drx_ql_tasks (every file in this folder)
- Changed many task lockout times from 3 in-game days to 3 in-game hours.
- This should prevent you from inexplicably being locked out of working for a specific faction if you've been focusing on one in particular, while also providing a reasonable chance to not see the exact same task type twice in a row.
- (1.1a) Fixed a bugged task for Monolith players where Krolik would want the player to bring them "nil" mutant meat.
- configs\misc\trade\profiles\food.ltx and mutant_parts.ltx
- Mutant meat and parts will now sell for a reasonable value.
- The base values were actually already implemented by DoctorX, I just changed the vendors to actually use them. They were set to only use 10% of the values before. (Don't get cheeky (breeki) and think I forgot to adjust the traders' sell prices for them too, I made sure you'll never be able to buy them back for less than you sold them for, even at max goodwill - no infinite money exploiting for you!)
- Updated various achievement text and mouseover popups to more accurately reflect what they actually do. Affected achievements are as follows:
- Mechanized Warfare (10% drag and drop repair bonus)
- Geologist (Artifact respawn chance increase)
- Rag and Bone (Better stash loot, chance of stash discovery upon first corpse loot)
- Well Dressed (Field dressing always gives maximum yield)
- Restores the beeping sound when in close proximity to an anomaly.
- Enables Call of Pripyat style Minimap.
- Reduced item tooltip popup delay to 1/4 of a second.
- Heart of the Oasis restores hunger again.
Repair kits now restore 25% by default again, with a bonus 25% if parts are used.
- This change was updated in version 1.1, check above for the new effect.
- (For any of these changes to realistically matter, I strongly recommend using DoctorX's Static Faction Relations addon.)
- Stalkers and Mercenaries are now neutral by default instead of enemies.
- Freedom and Ecologists are now neutral by default instead of enemies.
- Earned goodwill with factions is now allowed to go up to +2000 instead of the previous limit of +1000. Note that this means EARNED goodwill, which stacks on top of whatever goodwill you might start with. This has three major impacts.
- First, for every 200 positive earned goodwill with a faction, you get a "discount level" with that faction. This means better prices on buying/selling anything with that faction, up to a limit of 10 levels (or 2000 earned goodwill). This change makes levels 6-10 of the discount obtainable.
- Secondly, special store stock is set to be available at 1500 earned goodwill by DoctorX, thus it was impossible to be offered this stock. This special stock consists of that faction's exoskeleton armor, or in the case of Ecologists, all the detectors including Svarog. Stores will now offer these things upon reaching 1500 earned goodwill with that faction.
- Third and finally, since this allows you to build a goodwill buffer beyond 1000, that means failing/cancelling a single task doesn't cause you to revert from friends to neutral with another faction anymore.