Don't like the appearance of the new icons that version 1.5.1 gives? Want something subtle but also informative and "pretty"? Take a gander at this!
Alternative Icons changes the status and buff icons to a different shape, color, structure, etc...
Depending which you choose, it may be colored and somewhat subtle but still informative.
Or it can be even simpler while still offering the necessary information.
- "Status" icons are gray with a transparent colored circle behind them.
They also have a background that changes color depending on the severity, it can be seen from the top and bottom bars.
* "Version Two" icons are white with a strong shadow margin.
It uses a firm background with high contrast to indicate severity.
- "Buffs" are colored and slightly smaller with a more subtle background.
The background has some "cyan" at the bottom to indicate it is positive.
* "Version Two" buffs are white with a subtle shadow.
Some have outer-lines to indicate it is boosting something.
Those without lines are "Reverse Boosting", in other words they REDUCE bleeding and radiation.
They have a much more subtle background that is barely seen.
- "Boosters" are the same as Buffs, but also have a shield.
All shields are transparent.
* "Version Two" boosters have an opaque and firm shield.
NOTE: The mod was made with MO2 format in mind for ease of install, give that a try.
For manual install, it should be simple;
1. First and foremost, install the first file, in this case it's "00 ALTICONS MAIN [INSTALL FIRST ALWAYS]", extract it to your main Anomaly file.
2. The rest are "Addons", install whichever you'd like in order.
It uses three scripts; actor_status, actor_status_sleep and actor_status_thirst.
Compatibility with other mods should be easy to establish, just use WinMerge or Notepad++ with the Compare Plugin.
It is compatible with many other HUDs. (Highly recommended to use with SidHUD and VoDis)
Please make a comment in the Moddb page itself for feedback.
If it's important, like you want to use it on another mod or you want to edit it, send a PM in Moddb.
If you really enjoy the work done with this mod and you want to give the Author a reward, best you can do is give a donation to this PayPal account; www.paypal.com/paypalme/TheSandhog (Euros & Dollars preferrably)
You are NOT allowed to use any of the textures made by me without my explicit permission, send a PM.
Scripts are part of Anomaly, check their licenses.