Here are some news showing our progresses through the last two months (time passes by so quickly) on the Warsword Conquest 1.0 mod for Warband 1.153.
Well, we'll start off with some cool suggestions/corrections proposed on ModDB and the TW forum that we'll maybe work on when everything else will be done :
- introduce CANONS and arty
- add magic through projectiles
- add a necromancy script
- blood bowl matches instead of classic tournaments
- remove the death-cam battle and take the control of a NPC
- "raise the Chaos hordes and strike into the heart of the pathetic Empire like the Dark Spear of Chaos" D:
- add a Runic weapon creator Karaz-a-Karak Industries™
- add more banditos on the world map
- add a demonic ascension for Chaos
Comments and thoughts on these ideas are welcome !
Then about what is still in work :
Features still WIP
- We already have implemented some new/modified missions, but we are still working on the random events system (ambushes, encouters, companions-related events, ...).
- For the dialogs : almost all dialogs have been contextualized, and we have found a way to create custom dialogs for evil/good races and even for Orcs ("The only good 'ooman is a dead 'ooman. An' da only fing better than a dead 'ooman'z a dyin' 'ooman who tell you where ter find 'is mates." also we will need an Orc-Ooman interpreter).
- Freelancer mod for each factions with restrictions depending of your race; we would like to let the player join as a simple soldier with related-factions and not with others. For instance a Human will be able to join more factions than a Saurus or an Orc because there are more human-based factions.
Consider this as the main part of the work remaining regarding the features !
Regarding the Factions
Green - Implemented with full evolution tree
Orange - Work in progress, still need some new models
Red - Not implemented yet
Small factions and bandits :
Sartosa Pirates (Mercenaries Lands)
It was already told before, but modelling is a big part of this mod's contruction : this is why it takes some time for each faction to be completed.
Help Wanted ? Where do I sign up ?
We are still looking for help ! We are doing progresses, but some parts like the scenes or the scene_props still need work. Thus we could use the help of sceners and scene_props modellers willing to help us bringing the Warhammer world to life. If interested, don't hesitate : contact Del or Horla on ModDB or on the TW forum.
Thank you for your support and your numerous ideas. More will come of course, so stay tuned !
PS : enjoy the new screenshots !
Important : Please remember that the file you can download on this topic is only a preview of the final Warsword Conquest mod; thus, all the updates we will make until the release of the official WCq mod will describe our progresses, and not what is in the preview. Thank you for understanding !