Time flies on, a few months have passed since our last news here. Porting our mod to Source 2013 engine takes time, but Fistful of Frags for Steam isn't just a port. Our next version comes with improved combat mechanics and fresh gameplay, it's like a project restart. Here's a summary:
1. Classic deathmatch concepts: respawn, seek better guns in weapon crates or just those dropped from enemies. Replenish health using whiskey (note: also prepare for a full drunkard effect).
2. Skill based scoring system: the more skill required to accomplish an attack, the higher score reward will be. This encourages players to risk instead just using the most powerful weapons they can find
3. Four maps specifically designed for this new gameplay.
4. Deepest dual wield gun gameplay you'll find anywhere. Seriously! Dynamic dual crosshair, drop and pick new guns as you unload them into your enemies. Flip side for extra accuracy options. Throw them as projectile attack! Ah, and 8 handguns to choose from, including the new volcanic pistol.
5. Awesome kills. Kick enemies into water, fire or large falls and get a reward for it. Chain explosion effect: if someone carries dynamite and receives enough blast damage, their dynamite explodes killing them!
6. Steam integration: 16 -out of usual- achievements and progress stats: your best killstreak, highest surviving time, most damage taken or whiskey drunk. Yeah, we record that too.
7. OSX/Linux client. VR headset support and other Source 2013 related improvements.
Thank you all! We have enough playtesters for the moment so I won't be giving more keys around here. You still can join our steam community and try to catch me on the chat ;)