Preparations are being made for evolution, and a new Pokemon has been added along with many new GUI additions!
Nidoran M Added
- Nidoran Male has been added to PokeGen! His moves include Leer, Double Kick, Horn Attack, and Horn Drill.
- Over the next few weeks, he will be our candidate for testing out evolution.
Stats Implemented/GUI for Pokemon Window
- Gone are the default stats that were the same for every Pokemon. We've created our own algorithm for calculating stats using the base stats provided by the handheld games.
- In addition to the stats themselves, they can be viewed by clicking the Pokeball in the main GUI panel. You can see the various stats of your Pokemon there, including the buffs that the currently equipped moves will give to them.
- You'll notice that with this, fights are a lot shorter and the various stats hold their weight. The various buffs will be more apparent once move swapping is added.
Various Bug-Fixes/Balance Changes
- Poison now has a consistent tick, dealing less damage per tick, making it more of a nuisance versus the overwhelming nature it had before.
- Burn deals slightly more damage and can now be washed off by going into the water. Eventually, water-type moves will also remove the effect.
- Sand Attack has been remade to now reduce accuracy and slow instead of drain stamina.
- Gust's hitbox has been altered to be more consistent.
- String Shot can no longer latch onto targets that are underground.
- Poison will no longer affect those who are either a poison type or withdrawn.
- Loading a new map over multiplayer can now only be done by the server.
- Oak's Lab has been expanded and had a few props added to it. This will be an ongoing process.
- The healing machine has been moved to the fenced area for your convenience.
PS: With the addition of the new stat system, there are likely going to be bugs we haven't caught yet with loading the stats into the appropriate GUI windows and over multiplayer. We squashed a lot of them, but if you find any please post them here, along with any other bugs you may find.
It is also extremely crucial that for this update you press the 'Reset' button on the main menu, otherwise the game will not work for you. Please spread this information around as there are likely going to be those who either chose not to read this or accidentally missed it.
That covers this week's update! This is more of a preparation for the larger plans we have in the coming weeks such as evolution, experience, and more GUI. I hope you enjoy it, and as always feel free to discuss the various changes in the appropriate update thoughts thread.