Eastern Front Patch 1.70
Eastern Front fans,
The new version 22.214.171.124 has been released! It has been 11 months of development and we have a a lot of changes coming, we also have a couple of new members: DMz and Beefy^ which will help us on the soviet and ostheer fronts of the mod. Now, for some details of what the patch contains:
- The most important achievement from this version is than now Eastern Front has been optimized! Thanks to DMz and Beefy^ now Eastern Front mod will use less resources, which means we expect players get a better experience while playing instead of frequent crashes.
- Soviets now have their own flags in their captured points, which means you won't see that blue flag anymore neither an allied flag. This also applies for Victory Points.
- Soviets now also have new models for their Firebase emplacement and their Outpost.
- Jumbo is no more the reward unit for the Calliope, which means the US faction has one less unit as reward, we might add one more or not in the future, although right now we cannot think of anything that fits.
- New maps, and many changes for the old ones to make sure they stay balanced.
- New weapon models for soviets, courtesy of inukshuk and eliwood.
Right now we continue working to finnish the Ostheer assets, but now with the help of DMz & Beefy^ it is possible to release both, Ostheer and the revamped Soviet assets on 2.0!
As this version contains huge changes, it wasn't possible to make a patch version for the launcher, so only the full version will be available for this time. We would like to thank players for all the feedback they gave us and to give an apologize for delaying too much for this patch, but I'm sure it will be worth the delay. Also, thanks to our balancers for giving us a hand to have a better balance.
As most of the players know, Eastern Front balance team is small, so something probably have missed us, so remember to give feedback about how you feel the game, what can be done to be improved, what is wrong with the current balance, etc. Anything that can help us to improve Eastern Front, but don't forget to bring up replays or screenshots, according to the report you will do, to back up your suggestions.
Remember, Ostheer beta is closer, stay tunned and see you in the battlefield!
Thanks for downloading and continue to enjoy,
Eastern Front Development Team