Finally its out "Crysis 2 Ultra Upgrade" and coming Wednesday 29th of June the "Map Editor Pack."
Crytek released the "Crysis 2 Ultra Upgrade" today
The following features will become available with the optional DX11 package installed:
- Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- High Quality HDR Motion Blur
- Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
- Sprite Based Bokeh Depth of Field
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping
- Particles Motion Blur, Shadows and Art Updates
- Water Rendering improvements and using Tessellation + Displacement Mapping
- Realtime Local Reflections (DX9)
- Contact Shadows (DX9)
- Improved Tone Mapping (DX9)
You can download it from mycrysis.com/dx11 .
Also available is the "High Resolution Texture pack."
Be sure to start Crysis 2 and update to patch 1.9 before installing DirectX11 or High Res Texture pack.
Update 29-6-2011: Crysis 2 Editor released
Community Dedicated server pack : Download
Crytek employees Dan and Sean Tracey also released the CryENGINE 3 cookbook.
- Install issues with EA Download Manager: (r) special sign not recognized by installer - Remove (r) from folder name and try again
- Cannot open/save .cry file - User needs admin rights and/or UAC disabled
- Registry warning when starting editor - Follow steps as described in the error message
- Ribbon UI crashes editor - Not intended for use, restore SB3's default settings
- Frozen layer not supported but still selectable on assets
- CryMaxTools is missing .bmp files for icons and thus is not functional in max at all
- .ms file from CryMaxTools is not installed automatically if a Max version is installed on a PC
- The SDK does not currently support tessellated assets
- The SDK requires a 64bit operating system