Dialogue system changes
We changed our minds about how the dialogues will look and we dropped the "cinematic" cameras replacing them with a the same camera used for the rest of the game. You can now move your camera even during a dialogue and overall it just feels more natural.
A large part of the game will involve interactions with objects. We implemented two types of interaction:
- the "inspect" action will be available for all interactive objects and will be used to give the player some details about the object and hints about a possibile usage.
- the "use" action will give the player the ability to use the object in one or more meaningful ways. Technically we're reusing the dialogue system but without the object "answers": this way even the objects can activate quests or change the progress of the game.
Object inspect action
Gun use in combat
This is a minor feature but it really helps during combat: you can now grab and use your shotgun even when holding the sword.Yarrr! No more time loss spent switching weapons :)
A yellow hat?! Diieeeeeeee!!!
- Trees and vegetation now moves with the wind
- Container panel is now working: it's now possible to move items from the container to the inventory (and vice-versa)
- Better particle effects for gun shots