A new trailer is in the works, a new patch, and some other goodies and news that will soon follow.
MP is in full development and the coders are barely sleeping with all the little features we are adding. It’s an extensive little list of stuff, and I plan on making a lot of the things we have planned a little more transparent for everyone soon as I get the chance. I had a cool trailer going… and then Jesus told me NO, it needs more of this and that… and usually I don’t listen too much to ol Jesus, but this time he was kinda almost, slightly right, so I thought, FINE! I’ll give it another pass, which is delaying its release.
The patch has been kicked around quite a bit by the testers, poor thing is bruised and battered, but seems to be all the better for it, so we aim on releasing that any day now. Should be the next day or 2, but don’t quote me on it! The testers could just discover some broken things last minute, like they did last week, which costs us a week to fix… ARG!
A little hint of things to come,
- The flashlight has been re-done, looks awesome and now is definitely worth the work put into getting it
- Smashables! Yup, crates, who does not love just running around and destroying some crates and so forth. It's just the first baby steps of the system, not much variety in art ‘yet' but we want to see how you guys like the running and destroying things with swords and guns. We also changed the events chests to now break when using swords and shooting them.
- A few effects and sounds added
- Container sizes are changing, minimum 5 and we have upped some to 20 (when you see all your stuff drop on the floor from a container you just opened... it means we lowered its capacity and you need some more space )
- Some sounds and FX, like doors, chests, mining fx, etc
- Faster digging/mining
- Arrows will now stick where they land/hit and the glowing ones make for cool cave exploring
- Key assignments! Haha, yes, you can set your keys as desired, finally
- And finally very basic tutorial that will help new comers get into the game quicker. We will expand on this in future updates
Anyway that's what's up for now, there are tons more in the update, bug fixes, little tweaks a few systems etc.