3079 has seen a pair of maintenance updates in the past two weeks. Bug fixes & even a "permadeath" mode has been added for hardcore gamers!
Posted by Phr00t on May 2nd, 2012
3079 is now more "stable" than ever! A few remaining bug fixes and improvements have been made, bringing 3079 up to version 2.17.6. A permanent death mode, which was surprisingly highly requested, finally has made it in -- I'm looking forward to watching the first "Let's Play" video of someone beating the game without dieing once ;-)
* Added "permanent death" mode: enabled via the console for hardcore players!
* Fixed a bug that caused characters to not spawn when hosting a non-dedicated server
* Improved the responsiveness of terrain loading a bit
* Updated preferences saving format; if you had volume/configuration settings being lost, this should fix it
* Fixed a reported inventory exploit
* Fixed a reported rare crash in the terrain loader
* Loading screen now selects the first option & the key can load selected games v2.17.3
* Improved terrain loading speed & build order* Purchased miniships will now position themselves better* Added a note to purchased miniships that they will disappear if abandoned* Fixed a bug in faction symbols when taking over an enemy fort