Open Beta Release 7 (Maintenance Update)
Open Beta Release 6 was a huge success, adding many new features and changing nearly all aspects of the mod. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive, and we want to thank you for all of that feedback.
There were however some balancing issues with Beta 6, that made certain roles on certain factions underpowered and others overpowered. We want this mod to be as balanced as possible, while still keeping realism, so we have decided to release an update to Beta 6, Beta 7.
It's not all maintenance though, there are bug-fixes, changes, and even new features such as the FARP (Forward Arming & Refuelling Point) for the Air Role, which is a static tent bought from the reinforcement menu which when used on a helicopter nearby repairs its damage and rearms it with missiles, rockets and rounds.
All in all, we hope this addresses many if not all of the concerns people had about balancing in Beta Release 6.
This is OUTDATED. Please get the new Release 8 here.
Regardless of whether you already have Release 6 already or not, use these links to download Release 7. If you do have Release 6 though, you will not need to download the maps again.
Just click on your Operating System and it will take you to the download.
Note: If you already have Release 6 then you do not need to download the maps again.
If you do not already have Release 6- to get the maps just click whichever version of World in Conflict you use. If you are unsure, check the shortcut that you use to start world in conflict (right click it and go to properties) or browse to program files and check where World in Conflict is installed.
If you have not read our tutorials yet, we highly recommend that you do. The gameplay is significantly different from un-modded World in Conflict in many aspects and there may be a steep learning curve if you do not read these tutorials.
Here are the tutorials:
- Armour Role Guide: The Basics
- Air Role Guide Part I: The Basics
- Air Role Guide Part II: Surviving from SAMs
- Air Role Guide Part III: Attack Helicopters for Experts
- Support Role Guide: The Basics
- Support Role Guide: Air Defense Strategies
This notes all (or at least most) of the differences between Release 6 and Release 7:
Also, here are some lists that may be useful:
- Removed Active Protection System (APS) from Main Battle Tanks (MBTs).
- Reduced price of MBT to 1200, from 1600.
- Shortened Smoke Screen Defensive Special Ability reload time on MBT to 15 seconds from 30.
- Increased armor penetration and damage of Russian HEAT rounds fired by T-90 MBT and T-80U Medium Tank.
- Laser Warning Receiver support for MBT units. When an enemy helicopter launches a laser guided missile at an MBT, an alert siren with visual warning queue will be displayed to your screen advising you of incoming ATGM. Pop smoke to dodge the missile.
- BMP-2 is now air-transportable by Heavy Lift Transport Helicopter.
- Replaced Kornet missile with Metis-M ATGM for Russian Anti-Tank infantry squad.
- Russian Anti-Tank infantry squad can now fire their ATGM while walking slow, just like US Javelin counterpart.
- Russian Anti-Tank infantry squad can now fire their ATGM while garrisoned inside a building.
- Russian Mi-8 Hip transport helicopter now has small clip of rockets in addition to gun.
- Increased armor penetration and damage of RPG-29 rocket fired by Russian Anti-Tank infantry squad member and Fire Team infantry squad.
- AH-64D and Mi-28N attack helicopters must now reload their air-to-ground missiles by returning back to base and rearming at FARP site.
- FARP (Forward Area Rearm/Repair Point) unit for Air Role. This unit is a static military tent structure that cannot move once it has spawned at your desired spawn location. The FARP unit's offensive special ability can be used to both simultaneously repair helicopters as well as to rearm attack helicopters that have run out of air-to-ground missiles.
- Removed reload timer of air-to-ground missiles on AH-64D and Mi-28N attack helicopters. Instead of waiting 120 seconds to reload missiles, air player must return to base and rearm/repair at FARP.
- Increased missile travel speed of 9M120 Ataka-V missile fired from Mi-28 attack helicopter.
- Laser Warning Receiver support for Mi-28N and AH-64D attack helicopters. When helicopter is lazed by an enemy chopper for guiding an ATGM in anti-air mode, a visual warning queue with alert siren will be triggered to the player.
- Improved low altitude missile launch performance of Mi-28 attack helicopter.
- Adjusted Mi-28 aggressive AI to fire Ataka-V missile more frequently against enemy targets.
- Fixed a bug where Mi-28's Integrated Flight and Fire Control Computer (IFFCC) does not immediately start up, and take too long to reboot in the event of a system crash.
- 9K79 Tochka ballistic missile range increased to match MGM-168 ATACMS.
- Troop Transports (repair jeeps) and Repair Vehicles can no longer repair helicopters. All aircraft must go to FARP for repairs.
- Added Airdropped Medium SAM tactical aid to Russian faction -- airdrops 2x Tor M1 SAMs to battlefield.
At this time we really MUST stress the need for donations.
WiC MW Mod Team is not employed by any gaming studios or companies to create this mod for you. We make non-commercial, for-entertainment/educational military-themed game content.We sustain ourselves through community donations by those who are gracious enough to help us, even if it is only few dollars.If you liked our mod, please consider helping us by donating a few dollars.
This will help us to get into positive balance and therefore be able to buy new models, which means new in game units.
All donations are appreciated highly, and you will be featured in the mod credits as a donor.