Modern Warfare Mod Version 2.7 (now 2.7.1) is here!
Modern Warfare Mod has been updated today to version 2.7.
One of the major improvements is that the AH-64D Apache Longbow model has been completely redone, now being of a much higher quality. Using new levels of detail (LOD) management techniques, the maximum polygon limitation has been pused up from 15,000 to 32,000 polygons without crashing the game. The new model is almost photorealistic.
Another improvement is that the USA anti-tank infantry's FGM-148 Javelin now uses the FLINT engine for the missile, resulting in good looking and realistically simulated missile performance.
As well as these major updates there are a range of small changes which are detailed in the changelog.
NOTE: This mod requires your World in Conflict to be patched to version 22.214.171.124. or it will not work. To patch your game, simply start the game, sign into multiplayer, and it will detect that your game needs patched and update your game.
Choose which type of install you would like to do. Please note that the installer is only compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7, not Windows XP.
2.7.1 is a maintenance release that brings a host of bug fixes based on community input from online players.
This is a full version of the mod. Even if you don't have the mod at all this will install it as 2.7.1.
The maps installer has now been improved to be able to install the maps for all versions of World in Conflict, without you having to choose.
NOTE: If you already had 2.5 or 2.6 you do not need to redownload the maps.
Due to the increasing complexity in the simulation of missiles, aircraft, artillery, and more- Modern Warfare Mod 2 requires a higher-end system than specified on the original World in Conflict system requirements.
At minimum, your system (including video card) must maintain 30 frames per second or higher. Below 30 fps, numerous homing projectiles may miss their targets or fail to perform altogether. Try lowering your graphics settings if you cannot achieve enough frame rate.
World in Conflict and MW Mod both support multi-threading. It's recommended for your system to have quad-core or better CPU, at minimum of a dual-core processor.
Firstly, here are some lists that may be useful:
- Main Battle Tanks now have harder time acquiring infantry located behind them.
- RU 2S7 Pion artillery price reduced to 900 RP.
- Removed squad formation for ROK K9 artillery. Unit is purchased individually now.
- New High Definition model for US AH-64D Apache Longbow.
- Removed AH-64A Apache used by AI players. AI players now use AH-64D Apache.
- Added IFFCC and bitching betty to AH-1Z Cobra.
- US Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) infantry now has "setup pod" defensive ability. When turned on, infantry will no longer expose himself to enemy tanks when lasing them.
- US AI air player will now request Predator UAV to recon ahead when necessary.
- Anti-Tank fortifications built by combat engineers no longer require infantry to be garrisoned inside.
FLINT Missile Simulator Changes
- FLINT FGM-148 Javelin for US Anti-Tank infantry squad.
- New models for AGM-114K and AGM-114L Hellfire missiles.
- Bocage map is now supported (NATO changed to USA) -- use mt_Bocage (tw_Bocage does not work).
- Optimized numerous FLINT missile graphic effects.
- Fixed a bug where both AGM-114K and AGM-114L Hellfire missiles nose dive into the ground when firing against a target on higher elevation.
- Fixed corrupt texture error on explosions.
- Once again addressed the "helicopter turns sideways immediately after firing a missile" bug, which affected Mi-28 the most. You may still notice this bug, however, it will only happen for the first time and unit will stop turning for subsequent missile launches.
- RU Tu-142 cruise missile bomber will no longer fire on friendly infantry.
- RU Forward Air Controller (FAC) is now more difficult to spot at range, until it opens fire.
- Both RU FAC and US JTAC now have slighlty increased vision distance.
- Improved low altitude auto-pilot / altitude-hold effect for Mi-28 Attack Helicopter for Experts, when firing a missile.
- Upgraded warhead for 9M120 Ataka-V and 9A4172 Vikhr missiles. Surrounding infantry from immediate vicinity of impact will take damage.
- Upgraded Hellfire missile specifications:: semi-active laser homing variant (AGM-114K) is now upgraded to AGM-114R-3; millimeter-wave radar homing variant (AGM-114L) is now upgraded to AGM-114L-3.
- Updated numerous sound effects.