Modern Warfare Mod brings World in Conflict from the Cold War into the Modern Age. It also ups the ante on realism and authenticity in every role – Infantry, Armor, Support and Air, while trying our best to keep everything relatively balanced for fun and interesting gameplay.

Forum Thread
TOS-1 Buratino (Heavy Flame Thrower System) (Games : World in Conflict : Mods : WIC: Modern Warfare Mod : Forum : Suggestions : TOS-1 Buratino (Heavy Flame Thrower System)) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 13 2010 Anchor

If the team adds the ATACMS for the american side, TOS-1 can be a great addition for the russian side. This heavy short range (unlike ATACMS which is long range missile) artillery can rain rockets with incendiary and thermobaric warheads upon the enemy.

Edited by: yokozuna

Nov 17 2010 Anchor

I agree.

Heaney
Heaney Community Manager
Nov 17 2010 Anchor

The ATACMS is a missile, the TOS-1 is a launch vehicle. In what way are they related?

Also, the TOS-1 is used in limited numbers, so I don't feel it is an appropriate suggestion. The BM-30 Smerch is fine, and only 100 of even it are used.

Edited by: Heaney

Nov 18 2010 Anchor

Heaney wrote: The ATACMS is a rocket, the TOS-1 is a launch vehicle. In what way are they related?

ATACMS is a missile. I meant HIMARS or MLRS using ATACMS, and didn`t want to search for the exact name of the rockets Tos-1 is using. I don`t know why you thought I`m trying to compare a missile to a launch vehicle. :confused:

Heaney wrote: Also, the TOS-1 is used in limited numbers, so I don't feel it is an appropriate suggestion. The BM-30 Smerch is fine, and only 100 of even it are used.

Well KM-SAM is not used in greater numbers if any. Also I didn`t know that our suggestions should be based on vehicles/weapons/systems that are used in some specific numbers. There is no such requirement in the "How to make a suggestion" thread. >50, >70 or >100, what`s the limit below which we shouldn`t and above which we can make a suggestion?

Edited by: yokozuna

Nov 19 2010 Anchor

Saw this and thought it said tos-1 burrito lol

blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Nov 19 2010 Anchor

lol, everyone, take it easy.

I don't have problems with any suggestions for new weapons; but one detail I do want to make it clear is that, there will be no promises that any of the suggestions will be implemented in the game. But nonetheless, we definitely do look at the suggestions threads when we discuss about adding new weapon systems, so you may see one or two suggested systems end up making into the game from time to time, but understandably we obviously won't be able to do all of them :)

Nov 19 2010 Anchor

Thanks blahdy. I never thought of the suggestions as something binding. The mod already has a great list of units so whatever you choose to add will be welcomed very well.

Heaney
Heaney Community Manager
Nov 19 2010 Anchor

Ah sorry I meant misile, I had been doing rocket research all that day...

Whether enough are in service for me depends on the type of vehicle.

--

Heaney

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.