Modern Warfare Mod brings World in Conflict from the Cold War into the Modern Age. It also ups the ante on realism and authenticity in every role – Infantry, Armor, Support and Air, while trying our best to keep everything relatively balanced for fun and interesting gameplay.

Forum Thread
MW Mod 4.0 now released! (Games : World in Conflict : Mods : WIC: Modern Warfare Mod : Forum : General Mod Discussion : MW Mod 4.0 now released!) Locked
Thread Options
blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Feb 17 2013 Anchor

MW Mod 4.0 is now finally released! Major features include:

- MLRS rocket artillery are now controlled by infantry forward observes.
- MLRS rockets can now be intercepted by C-RAM.
- Powerful anti-tank seeking cluster munitions for Russian BM-30 Smerch MLRS.
- Precision guided bombs -- GBU-54 LJDAM and Kab-500KR. Called and guided by JTAC infantry laser designator.
- Laser guided ordinances (Hellfire, JDAM, etc) will now track laser regardless of where the laser is (even against blank terrain, aircraft, anything).
- Numerous improvements to missiles and simulation details (new FLINT 3.0 engine), including realistic ballistics.
- LAV-AD amphibious anti-air unit added to US infantry role (can be purchased out-of-role by other roles).
- New high detailed model for F-22 fighter jet.

Complete change log is here: Moddb.com

Download link INSTALLER: Download.wicmwmod.com
Download link MANUAL INSTALL: Download.wicmwmod.com

Feb 18 2013 Anchor

Nice job!

Feb 18 2013 Anchor

Awesome! Been looking forward to this. Fantastic mod, keep up the great work.

Feb 18 2013 Anchor

Thank you

Feb 19 2013 Anchor

Awesome work!

I love this mod... I just feels so much more "realistic" to play!

(And my infantry finally have teeth!)

Mar 12 2013 Anchor

Can i ask you where did you get the Raptor model from?It's so beautiful :)

blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Mar 16 2013 Anchor
Mar 18 2013 Anchor

I really enjoy version 4.0 but I had a few questions about units and AI I could not find in the tutorials and other threads. 1. If I use air dropped infantry, I can call in artillery, but when they go in a building I can't. Will they automatically call in artillery then?2. What's the difference if I go against Easy, Medium, or Hard AI? How does the AI setting change the units?3. Almost the same question as the infantry in question 1, but can the JTAC inside of a building automatically call in strikes with his designator?Thanks for the really fun mod!

blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Mar 23 2013 Anchor

Unfortunately, infantry units cannot call artillery or lase targets while inside building -- it's a game engine limitation. Instead, take the inf out, designate your target, and quickly walk back into building cover.

Regarding the AI, there is no difference between Easy/Medium and Hard.

Mar 23 2013 Anchor

Thanks for that info Blahdy, not a problem, I'll just adapt my tactics for that then. :D

I don't know about the AI, I certainly seem to have more fragile weapons systems when I set it on Hard AI versus Easy lol.

Any chance in the future we'll be able to "fly" the A-10 or other aircraft ourselves in the Air support role?

Thanks again for the great mod, it's loads of fun.

Jun 28 2013 Anchor

can i play this mod in single player campaign ?
or just online or against bots?

pls reply

blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Jul 14 2013 Anchor

Against bots/online unfortunately.

Jul 14 2013 Anchor

Is this mod still being developed for WiC? Haven't heard much for awhile...

blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Sep 22 2013 Anchor

calebmaestro wrote: Is this mod still being developed for WiC? Haven't heard much for awhile...

Yes, check MW Mod 4.0.1 discussion thread. Updates coming shortly :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.