Modern Warfare Mod brings World in Conflict from the Cold War into the Modern Age. It also ups the ante on realism and authenticity in every role – Infantry, Armor, Support and Air, while trying our best to keep everything relatively balanced for fun and interesting gameplay.

Forum Thread
Abrams vs. T-90 (Games : World in Conflict : Mods : WIC: Modern Warfare Mod : Forum : General Mod Discussion : Abrams vs. T-90) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 4 2012 Anchor

Hi Guys, new guy to these forums and the mod so I'm still learning it.

Is it just me though or is the T-90 somewhat underpowered versus the Abrams?

Survivability / Armor seems to be poorer.
Regular main cannon shots seem to be less effective (T-90 uses heat versus armor piercing?)?

Coupled with the second the Abrams's offensive ability seems more usefull. You can use the ability and still attack effectively through smoke. Whereas the T-90's AT missile seems to have little range advantage unless you have a "spotter" and is disabled by smoke?

I did a quick dirty test with the bots playing only the armor class. It seemed like you could have allmost twice as many russian tanks and the US would still win albeit so slowly that they wouldn't be able to finish a win on attack / defend maps.

The differences might be based on real life differences I'm not "military techy" enough to know that I just think it seemed a bit unbalanced. Or maybe I just need to learn to play. :)

Thanks in advance
78stonewobble

Sep 4 2012 Anchor

Russia has some underpower units like T-90, but also has superior units like supersonic cruise missiles.
Altogether it makes game balanced, they say.

Sep 5 2012 Anchor

Aaah... Another explanation for atleast player vs. bots is if the bots doesn't use vehicle crews. :)

Hadnt noticed that the russians had supersonic cruise missiles. Thx.

Sep 7 2012 Anchor

What if i don't want to use supersonic cruise missiles and want to destroy my enemies with my tanks? Play US? T-90 obviously not good tank in game (don't know about real life). Abrams destroing T-90 with one shot, sometimes two shots. And i noticed, that Abrams has also larger range of fire?
P.S. Sorry, if my english isn't good.

blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Sep 7 2012 Anchor

Abrams actually has smaller range of fire.

Sep 8 2012 Anchor

Hmm but what about the sightlines for abrams and t-90?

Sep 8 2012 Anchor

About sightlines. Abrams shoting on my T-90, but my T-90 don't. Looks like my tanks don't see Abrams, but when I'm checking it by selecting one tank and pressing Alt, I see that they do. So it is hard to me to play Russian armor. T-90 dying very fast whan Abrams comes. May be they can destroy some IFV's, bunkers etc, but no more. Anyway thsnks for answer about range of fire.
P.S. Sorry for my english again.

Sep 9 2012 Anchor

The Russian's best advantage are the gun launched missiles, also I think that the T-80U is more armored than the MGS

blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Sep 9 2012 Anchor

Yes, MGS is made out of paper napkin.

T-80 has better armor than T-90 in some areas.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.