Modern Warfare Mod brings World in Conflict from the Cold War into the Modern Age. It also ups the ante on realism and authenticity in every role – Infantry, Armor, Support and Air, while trying our best to keep everything relatively balanced for fun and interesting gameplay.

Forum Thread
5.5 Suggestions/ Bug Fixes (Games : World in Conflict : Mods : WIC: Modern Warfare Mod : Forum : General Mod Discussion : 5.5 Suggestions/ Bug Fixes ) Locked
Thread Options
May 21 2019 Anchor

The upcoming version sounds amazing; thank you guys for your continued support! Also, this topic is kinda getting out of hand.

Updated 5/30

Suggestions:

1. Please allow the AI to deploy PAC-3 MSE, scripted forward deployed IFPC (similar to how Pantsirs and Tors have been placed), and fire control MEADS radars if no humans are present on BLUFOR; conversely, if possible, have a scripted, secondary, forward developed 91N6E when no there are no humans on REDFOR for added challenge.

2. If possible, allow BLUFOR AI to launch nuclear cruise missiles after a REDFOR nuke detonates in a retaliatory strike.

3. Replace VADS with C-RAM for BLUFOR and Shilka with Pantsir for REDFOR on command points as current AA is so obsolete for the meeting engagement the mod portrays.

4. For consistency, reduce price of Pantsir for support to 600 from 650 (all other roles have same price for Tor/Pantsir)

5. Reduce Price of IFPC for support to 650.

6. If possible, please impose unit limits on units rather than increasing prices by 1 point (ex. 2001 for Longbow), nothing more annoying than wanting a 750 point unit and only having 749.

7. Please reduce the price of the Mi-28 to 1200/1201- to even 1400/1401; thanks for reducing price of Apache/Viper, but the Ataka is objectively inferior to the Hellfire and should not cost the same. This really is a moot point as it does carry 16 with rocket pods, but a price drop would be consistent with REDFOR's quantity over quality approach.

8. Reduce price of mobile FOB from 750 to 550-650; I honestly never use it as I'd rather get TA points from plane spawns.

9. I know I asked before, but it would be really nice if the 91N6E could be bought of out role for 750 as there is not much supporting assets for REDFOR currently. Additionally, for balancing reasons as it functionally is a MEADS radar and REDFOR relies on AA more than BLUFOR.

10. Allow all vehicles with ATGMs to fire automatically and remove offensive ability in favor of an arty strike.

11. Re-designate TA call in Bradley M3A3 CFV and give it 12 TOW missiles; maybe give it increased spotting range and change its picture in TA menu as it still is a Stryker.

12. Please let BMP-3 fire 100 mm gun automatically; it is hard to lead moving targets, and requires far too much micro for little return; I'd rather just use the Sprut.

13. K-9 and Pion are far too expensive for what they can do, especially compared with ballistic missiles. Consider reducing price to about 600 and 200-300 respectively. Same goes for BM-21, I think is should be around 800.

14. Leopard 2A5's armor seems a little too weak, especially given that the basic Leo 2A5 had superior thickness even to basic M1A2 by the estimates I've seen. My understanding is that the Leo 2's armor is similar to reactive armor which may explain its performance, though a slight buff and slight price increase would be nice to further distinguish it from the T-80UM.

15. Why not get rid of T-80UM as it is a vanilla model, and replace it with the T-90A model, giving it the command designation T-90AK? Especially since the T-80 line is mostly in storage rather than active service anyway.

16. BMP-2 should not cost the same as the BMP-3; it should be reduced to 500.

17. Let Mi-8 spawn airborne squads and lose transport ability.

18. Remove hovering from Mi-24 and MQ-8B; is is so hard to keep these helicopters alive that they are borderline useless.

19. Add medics to all infantry squads so that they can heal themselves as infantry tend to suck on a lot of maps (I'm primary referring to TA call-in airborne infantry and JTAC which don't seem to heal).

20. Not sure if possible, but could destroyed buildings be turned into "forests" in which only infantry can enter and receive a cover bonus by passing over the rubble?

21. Also not sure if possible, but can infantry be made into "amphibious" units?

22. Add an alternative Longbow loadout with 16 Hellfires instead of rocket pods.

23. Replace BLUFOR cruise missile launcher harpoon model with M142 model (neither makes any sense, so might as well use a nice looking model). Maybe the BGM-109G could be added someday even though that wouldn't make much sense either, I don't think there is a better alternative.

24. Could C-RAM maybe be placed on a trailer? Even if it remains stationary for balance, it's more so for aesthetics as it is strange to see it just sitting on the ground.

25. Add a Kornet-EM TA call-in variant with thermobaric warheads with extended range.

26. Ka-52 with x10 S-13, x12 Vikhr-1, and x4 Igla-V? Would be nice to have as a high-end REDFOR helicopter priced at around 1500-1800 with the Mi-28 being priced at around 1200.

27. Add AIM-9x (for IFPC) and total C-RAM ammunition to missile inventory.

28. Please consider slowing the domination bar slightly.

Bugs:

1. All cruise missiles in game sometimes return friendly fire messages when impacting close to one another.

2. AI deployed T-80UM are incorrectly labeled T-80UK which is the command variant of the T-80U

3. ATACMS and cruise missile launcher have Apache movement VO when being deployed. I know there isn't really any good options for VO, but maybe give it standard deployment VO for Sheridan or whatever.

4. MQ-8B has some Russian VO lines

5. Tor and BMP-2 have incorrect pictures in TA menu as well

6. Is it possible to stop AI from using A-10 strafing runs? Watching an invincible A-10 flying in at mach 10, and blowing up modern MBTs with a 30 mm gun breaks the immersion. The AI uses no other invincible strikes as far as I can tell which is why I listed it as a bug.

7. Avenger and C-RAM have too much health- can survive tank shots.

8. Nukes do not reward TA points.

Holy shit this took a while, but hopefully it was worth it.

Edited by: ConstantinoP.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.