Modern Warfare Mod brings World in Conflict from the Cold War into the Modern Age. It also ups the ante on realism and authenticity in every role – Infantry, Armor, Support and Air, while trying our best to keep everything relatively balanced for fun and interesting gameplay.

Forum Thread
2.0 golden master TEST SUGGESTIONS (Games : World in Conflict : Mods : WIC: Modern Warfare Mod : Forum : Suggestions : 2.0 golden master TEST SUGGESTIONS) Locked
Thread Options
roycewicz
roycewicz Missile and Fire Control Coder
Jul 11 2011 Anchor

This thread is for adding new suggests and submit bug reports from community regarding the MW MOD 2 FINAL RELEASE (Golden Master) under development.

My thoughts about the GM Test 1A build:

- Armor role is awesome! cheaper tanks and new graphics for tank rounds and sabot hit are all giveaways to MWM copying battlefield 3 trailer video lol :P
Still needs ammo supply system with repair truck refilling tank ammo, etc, but this is already under dev.

- T-64B for russia light tank is great. T-80 & T-90 mixed in with several T-64 makes it much easier to hold the defensive line from Abrams attack now... at least against bots..

- safe arming device for cruise missiles is perfect btw. Inf & armor roles are very happy now as you can finally play without getting slaughtered by cruise missiles being intercepted by sams above your head.

- cruise missiles appear to be destroying bridges now, unlike before. it this intended?

- PAC-2 missile uplink bug with Patriot SAM appears to be fixed as best as I can tell. SAM definitely murders lot of hinds on just first quartet of missiles fired without the annoying uplink error msgs. I did notice that track engagement status message had changed though, is something different behind the scenes?

- Finally, many short range AAs like Strela, Avenger and Shilka are very good at killing slow Kent and Tomahawk cruise missiles now. It's a good change imo, but wanted to say b/c I noticed that you need about at least 48 tomahawks to penetrate S-300 IADS run by one player. It's all the short range shit like pantsir, strela, shilka layer that kill remaining 2-3 tomahawks that manage to penetrate the SAM layer.

blahdy
blahdy Data-Linked AA-12
Jul 11 2011 Anchor

roycewicz wrote:
- Armor role is awesome! cheaper tanks and new graphics for tank rounds and sabot hit are all giveaways to MWM copying battlefield 3 trailer video lol :P
Still needs ammo supply system with repair truck refilling tank ammo, etc, but this is already under dev.

Yup, work on Armor role in GM Test 1 is only 40% finished. The big part of Armor role in final release is ammo and supply management system. This has not been done yet, but will be done in the coming weeks as I need to write new python software to automate and simulate armor role.

- cruise missiles appear to be destroying bridges now, unlike before. it this intended?

Yup, this is intended change. 2 cruise missiles will now destroy a bridge.

- PAC-2 missile uplink bug with Patriot SAM appears to be fixed as best as I can tell. SAM definitely murders lot of hinds on just first quartet of missiles fired without the annoying uplink error msgs. I did notice that track engagement status message had changed though, is something different behind the scenes?

Yes, this is WCC 3.1 code, which was not released in time for RC1, but now applied into GM test build for final release.

To fix the uplink problems with PAC-2 semi-active missiles, I have modified the MPQ-65 radar script.

Before, when PAC-2 missiles are moving in game space, they report back to ground radar over downlink and send updates to the radar on estimated time to arrival. The missiles then sent another update to radar when they arrived into the "basket", asking radar to illuminate the targets it wants dead.

With the new fix, the radar now allocates range gates and tracks the outbound PAC-2 missiles, as well as the targets so it maintains separate tracks for SAM rounds that are flying to intercept. As missiles are independently tracked by the radar, we no longer have the issue of guidance data being over-written by each missile launch, which was the problem you found in RC1.

The drawback of this new change is that PAC-2/PAC-3 missiles flying in the air now also eat up the TWS track capacity of the radar, as range gates have to be committed against the interceptors as well as the targets. But it's not really a practical problem to be concerned about since the whole point of IADS is that several radars increase the tracking capacity to begin with (i.e. 6 radars = 600 TWS tracks, so at maximum you have 300 tracks for missiles, 300 tracks for targets).

- Finally, many short range AAs like Strela, Avenger and Shilka are very good at killing slow Kent and Tomahawk cruise missiles now. It's a good change imo, but wanted to say b/c I noticed that you need about at least 48 tomahawks to penetrate S-300 IADS run by one player. It's all the short range shit like pantsir, strela, shilka layer that kill remaining 2-3 tomahawks that manage to penetrate the SAM layer.

Yes, this is intended change. Area that is well defended with "defense-in-depth" concept will handle subsonic missile attacks pretty well now. For yakhonts, its different story since that thing flies too fast for MANPADs to catch up. But then that's why you have Patriot SAM :)

Jul 11 2011 Anchor

err there is a bev build out? cant see it on the server though :(

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.