Warband Enhanced is my first attempt to improve the gameplay in Warband Native with the help of the best mods made by this community and also with the implementation of new features and gameplay tweaks made by me.
Warband Enhanced - Here is the full list of features, tweaks and gameplay changes for this mod.
Posted by idragon on Sep 22nd, 2012
Diplomacy is my favorite mod made for warband. I really cant play the game without it and nobody should, to be honest. It gives you clear stats on your relation with the lords and their relation to their kings. On top of that it helps you manage the castles, fiefs or kingdom much easily with the help of advisors and wife.
* taken from the official thread: Forums.taleworlds.com
Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment is my second favorite mod for warband. It simply fixes the battles with AI Lords, due to addition of formations and improved battle AI. Along with this comes special formation for players troops, and new additions like spear bracing, horse lance fix and many more goodies,c ompanion and as bodyguards and more.
Features: The goal here is to cater to those who want an added level of strategy in the planning of their battle engagements--or, more pointedly, to get beyond the repetitive keystrokes of giving the same orders at the start of each battle, and to allow the player to choose who will join them in battle, rather than the cryptic mix provided by the engine.
Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment adds to the pre-battle menu options that the player is presented with during any field encounter with an enemy party. At the most basic, with 1 point of Tactics skill in the party, there are two additional options: rather than just "Charge the Enemy" one can "Take the Field" and your party begins holding position, or "Lead your Troops" and your party begins following you. Add another point of Tactics skill to the party and another menu item appears: "Plan your battle with the enemy".
When planning your battle with the enemy, a presentation similar to the "heads-up" battle menu appears, allowing you to customize 4 orders to each of your divisions: an Initial Order (charge, hold, follow), two movement orders (Move Forward/Back 10 paces, Stand Closer, Spread Out, Mount and Dismount) and a weapon use order (chosen from the Native weapon use orders Fire At Will, Hold Fire, Any Weapon, Blunt Weapons). Movement orders can be repeated up to 4 times. Across the bottom are options to Reassess--return to the encounter menu; Scrap all--clear all orders; Prepare Orders--preview the order set up on the right panel; and Dispatch Orders--store the orders and return to the encounter menu.
With Tactics at level 2 or higher in the party, the player can choose to "Plan who will join you in battle". To allow for its function, the player must record their battle size in a "PBOD Mod Preferences" menu option which is added to the Camp->Take an Action menu. Here the player must enter the battle size as set it is set in options (since the commands do not allow access to options settings from within code). This simply records the Battle Size, but does not impact the settings of the game. It only needs to be done once (unless the player edits their battle size setting) and then this will be stored in the savegame.
The Plan Deployment presentation lists each troop type that is in the player's party in the order they are listed in the Party Window. For each troop type in the party a number box appears, allowing a selection from 0 to the number of non-wounded troops of that type. The player can set the exact number of each troop that he/she wishes to spawn at the start of the battle. Across the bottom of the deployment screen arey three options: Scrap All--clear all number boxes to 0; to Reassess--return to the encounter menu without setting the deployment; or to Ready Troops--save this deployment and return to the encounter menu. The selected troops will be the only troops to spawn with the player at the start of the battle, but the remainder will be available in reinforcement waves.
* taken from the official thread: Forums.taleworlds.com
Currently this mod allows the player to enlist in a lord's army with the opportunity to gain experience and money. Follow your Lord where ever they go, fighting many enemies and gaining ranks as you continue as a single member of your Lords army. Each time you gain a rank you will be supplied with new equipment and gain a higher pay. Once you get bored with this career you can either retire (keep the last equipment if you were in service 45 days +), desert or mutiny. While in your Lords service you gain the respect of your fellow soldiers and there's always a chance that some of your acquaintances will become followers and join you in your revolution or desertion! As will prisoners, but will they work with you or against you?
* taken from the official thread: Forums.taleworlds.com
* warband enhanced doesn't use the official 1.51 source, its a custom version fixed by Floris Team and with additions and fixes by me.
Improved Recruit System and Upgrade Prices:
- A new recruitment system is now in place. As lord without a faction you can only recruit peasants which belong to the mercenary troop tree. As you join a faction after 3 days you can recruit the faction troops from villages, but from other factions you will only be able to recruit peasants. Every new villages you conquer will have your faction troops and not the old faction troops.
- To balance the game, the upgrade price for each unit has been increased by 4 times in some cases. Luckily, a visual troop tree is in place with upgrade prices for you to decide what to upgrade and when: Reports > View Troop Tree. Can be disable in Camp > Diplomacy Preferences
- Your first step as a king of your newly found kingdom is to choose a culture. You do that by hiring and talking with the Chancelor, Domestic Policy > Kingdom's culture.
You will have your starting faction in the list or more, if you recruited noble companions that came from difrent nations and made them lords. After choosing the culture, lords, villages and kingdoms reinforcements will switch to that culture. On some will be instantly like reinforcements, on villages it takes 1-3 days, and on Lords it takes time if they already have an army. Favoring no culture will make your villages only have farmers as recruits, which is on by default untill you choose a culture.
Color Coded Messages:
- Color Coded messages are now displayed on major statuses, like gaining renown, quest time, lord relation and much more. Also when you join a faction the full power of color coded messages come in place since then you will have special colors for messages that report enemies, friendly/enemy lords captured, defeated and so on.
- At the end of each battle below enemy casualties you will see your kill count along with the kill count of your companions and lords.
Improved Looting System:
- Now you have a better chance to get good items due to the looting system developed by rubik.
Troops Tree and View All Items Menus:
- A troop tree visual representation is now available. Beside the tree for each faction, you can see the upgrade cost, wages , equipment and even stat for each troop in the tree. (just click on the troop image while in the troop tree menu).
Improved Graphics and Sound:
- Cinematic Compilation now brings improved texture graphics and with the help Better Metal Sounds the fights sound better and feel more realistic. Also, i added Better Banners since i can't play without them and nor should you.
Have your wife join as companion
- Your wife can join as a companion while still managing your kingdom. To do this first you have to have a castle or a town, and your wife located there. You can ask her to join your campaign and everytime you visit that castle from where you recruited her, she will still be there even if she is with you in the party (so you can still use her a minister). You cannot move residence or court with her in the party, so for that send your home (Part Ways). She will return to the castle/town you recruited here (mentions the location in the dialog).
- If you lost all holdings or some strange bug occurs and you lost your wife go to a castle/town you own > Manage Castle/Town > Move Wife Here.
- Use Move Residence or Move Court (wife has to be out of the pary, send her home) if your lady is minister to move her around, since this way it will move your household contains too.
- Even more you can now change her clotches with whatever you want while she is in the court. While she is in the party you will find her at the court castle/town with the armors/clotches you equiped her. No more ugly HATS for your LADIES!
Can move while raiding/access inventory
- You can move within a certain radius of the village with the raid continuing and if you move beyond this radius, the raid is terminated. At half the limit distance, a menu appears, asking you if you want to continue the raid, serving as a warning.
Access inventory and/or move during sieges
- The player can exit from the auto-rest and access whichever menus they choose, without canceling the siege. Further, they can move within a certain radius of the besieged center with the siege continuing and if they move beyond this radius, the siege is terminated. At half the limited distance, a message scrolls on screen(orange color), notifying the player that their siege lines are stretched too thin and serving as a warning.
Sort Troops Garrison in Villages/Castles and Towns
- Sort Defenders just like you do with your members of your party, to get the best troops in battles. Go to Manage Castle/Town/Village > Sort Defenders. Put the best troops at the top so they will come first in battle.
Store Troops in Villages
- If you build a manor you can garrision troops in the village. They wont fight on their own, but if you arrive at the raid they will join if they are in garision. Make sure to put them at top (manage village > sort defenders menu).
- the color of the bandits is now purple for an easy identification of looters, forest bandits and so on
- 1000xp received when winning a tournament and the possibility of betting 250 gold on each round.
- When discovered in sneak missions you will equip your normal equipment, but on walk around you will have the disguised equipment.
- Siege Pack: Almost all castles and towns have 2 ladders or 1 ladder and 1 sieges.
- relation penalty on lords decreased from -5/2 to -2/2
- when attacked on raiding villages all soldiers will fight without horses to balance the native behavior.
- mid tier slavers have slightly better shield skills (check troop tree in game)
- sword sister mid tier troops have slightly better equipment (check troop tree in game)
- enterprises now produce 50% more goods and some cost less to build
- 10 prisoners per 1 point in prison management
- construction time of fief improvements reduced
- some lords have now better horses
- outlaw bands are lead by Chief Bandits
- village income base doubled from 1200 to 2400.
- castle income base raised by 50% from 1200 to 1800
- town rents income based doubled from 2400 to 4800
- schools add 2 relation per week.
- Doubled the number of horses available at merchants