Welcome to the UNSUNG Vietnam War MOD. This mod has been around since 2004, producing content for all the iterations of this military simulation. The goal of this team is to develop a level of realism and immersion that leaves the player with a sense of the difficulties encountered when conducting operations in the environment of South East Asia. We use actual DEMS/SRTM (digital elevation mapping /Shuttle Radar Topography Mission) of the historic AOs and Satellite imagery as well 60s-70s era aerial / on the ground photos when making our islands. Our units/vehicles/aircraft/buildings are based on actual pictures from that era, we have accumulated an extensive database over the years, as well as active and ex military team members that contribute their unique knowledge. We hope you enjoy our work, as much as we did making it.
It's finally here !
We set out September 2013 to correct errors and bugs with our 2.5 release, and yet again it exploded to be our biggest release to date. With the help of new, keen and talented team members this time we are releasing something very special.
The unsung Vietnam war mod has evolved and broken new ground in the Arma series. This time bringing you never seen before concepts pushing the engine to its maximum potential.
Most of our place holder models have been updated with host of new Weapons, Planes, APC’s , Helicopter variants & New ground units to name a few. A complete faction overhaul , kitted out with new and improved weapons replacing our old and outdated ones carried in from from previous releases. Version 2.6 hosts more new kit for you to explore along with some new and interesting things to find in game.
Whilst our focus has been on intensity and atmosphere, this time it has been taken to the next level. This release will undoubtedly quench the thirst of community members whom want to play a mod that actually takes you deep into the combat where you will feel the sweat on your brow, as swarms of NVA and VC come at you screaming, as you empty you m16 in the thick dense jungles of South East Asia.
2.6 Release Highlights
- A6 Intruder by Aplion
- E2 Hawkeye (operation French point Mod) Reconfigured to “E2-B” model by HC Pookie
- F105 D & F models by Pookie
- A4 Skyhawk C & E models original model by project 82 mod , remodeled and re textured by Pookie and Brainbug
- Mig 19 – By Pookie
- AH-1G new chin turret with mini-gun and grenade launcher combo & new customized load-outs (HCPookie)
- 7 new sampan models (HC Pookie)
- 2 New NVA fictitious PBR Patrol boats (HC Pookie)
- New custom made ordinance Kab250, kab500, mk83, mk84, CBU24B Sadeye, BLU bomblet, AGM12C Bull pup, AGM45
- New targeting interface and custom load out system for all planes (Eggbeast)
- Added new animated barrels and reload animations to M2’s on PBR , m48a3 and Sheridan(HC Pookie)
- Main guns on Sheridan and M48 now have recoil effects animation. ( HC Pookie)
- Added Shell casings to minguns on the uh1 gunship , ah1 cobra and oh6 cayuse (Eggbeast)
- 4 new uh1c variants , M21 , M6 , TOW, ARA (Pookie)
- PBR upgrades new commanders position with working movable searchlight, other lights for driver and front gunner.
- Added new PBR versions the MK19 Grednade Launcher and Zippo versions. (Pookie)
- Added new uns_missile box (eggbeast)
- M105 an M114 howitzers added (vilas)
- Added new loadouts for all combat jets (Eggbeast)
- Updated support module and radio interface ( Columdrum and Von Knudenberg)
- Now able to switch RTO radio sounds off and on in the field (Columdrum)
- Added NEW extraction module (Columdrum)
- Added 4 new military radio chatter files an extra 25 minutes more (Sav)
- New gun sounds to nearly all weapons in arsenal including authentic magazine reload sounds (Sav)
- Added new internal start up and shutdown sounds to the CH46 & CH53 (Sav)
- Lightened texture on A7 navy version fuselage to match Navy F4E (BrainBug)
- M113 & M163 new texture colours (BrainBug)
- New GUI interface for radio support system , added PRC-25 and PRC-90 (Von Knudenberg & Columdrum)
- Massive unit and vehicle faction clean-up and restructure (Eggbeast)
- Major weapon model upgrade (Vilas, Von Knudenberg and Deman)
- New SNR75 Fan Song Radar array (Pookie)
- 2 new Mig21 variants based of Aplions original F version (Pookie)
- New silencer / Knife scripting certain weapons ( Eggbeast )
- Dustoff / Evac module (Columdrum)
- New M113 variants , M2, M60, Zippo, M106 mortar carrier, M1919, ACAV versions with side m60 gunners ( Pookie)
- 3 new Type 55 APC variants ( Pookie)
- Water Buffalo ( Von Knudenberg)
- New CH34 M60 version for usmc and ARVN sides (Pookie)
- New ARVN rangers faction (Bigstone & Von Knudenberg )
- 2 new Islands Phu Bai and Meekong Delta (Showmaker)
- 2 new mobile arty guns m107 and m110 ( Pookie )
- USMC Amtrac (PGI)
- Ch-54 Tarhe heavy lift chopper (Pookie)
- New M-151 willy jeep models (Vilas / Pookie)
- Folding wings on all navy planes -Auto initialised when on carrier deck – (Pookie)
- New animated flight surfaces on planes (Pookie)
- New randomised nose and tail art for uh1 gunships – (Bigstone)
- New random numbering/Pics and clutter items on m113 fleet ( Pookie)
- New Custom hand animations for unsung rifles and SMG’s ( Von Knudenberg )
The unsung team have would like to thank the other mods and individuals that have again, generously donated their time and effort to expand the Unsung Arsenal.
Our good friends Aplion, Brainbug, Spockvf101 Myke, Vilas ,Jdog, Foxtrop, Kommiekat, Nettrucker and Nightintruder
Also The Operation Frenchpoint Mod, (Special thanks to Cybergirl and Ikår) and Project 85 mod.
NOTE: Check out the DOCs folder under @uns --> Docs for how to use our modules and special features or download from here :
A Special thanks to those whom patiently waited and followed our mod. We are sure you will find it was worth the wait. There will be some bugs here and there, however we are setting up a bug reporting thread on Dev Heaven shortly. We will endeavor to correct and errors and bugs in our follow up 2.7 patch.
Please remember to rate us here in mod DB
Good luck out there …. You gonna need it
The Unsung Team
Highest Rated (2 agree) 10/10
Best ARMA 2 vietnam mod out there. Actually, best vietnam war mod in general. You can't go wrong with Unsung, especially now that Unsung 2.5 is out. The team has been working hard weeding out all the bugs and stuff and now it's a great addon.
Apr 17 2013, 8:25pm by PhantomSix
Latest tweets from @unsung_team
Long overdue tweet :P 2.6 is taking longer than we expected but well worth it We are moving to steam version 1.63 . Time to upgrade folks
Jul 7 2014, 7:00am
Ok we are very close now, just the final touches, Then a week or 2 of solid testing then 2.6 will be released.. FINALLY ! :)
May 19 2014, 12:12pm
WIP Pics of pookies mig19 , Oh and the Mig17 fire lods been fixed too now you can shoot the damn thing down !! :O T.co
Dec 20 2013, 10:05am
The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release T.co
Dec 20 2013, 10:03am
Ok another day draws to a close , we finally have the MLODs from Aplion for the F4 , Pookie has it now and is working his magic ;)
Dec 20 2013, 9:59am
Well work is continuing on our new 2.6 release. Pookie is working on new mig19 , and cleaning up the A6 too looking GREAT!!
Dec 18 2013, 2:18pm