You play as Alastair, a 19th century researcher who has devoted his life to the study of the Four Horsemen. Upon hearing reports of their arrival to Earth, Alistair realises that he may have the solution to save mankind from annihilation...
- High level of creativity
- Advanced, yet not too hard puzzles
- Amazing level design! It's obvious that you took your time with it
- Story line is so unique as it can be
- Best voice acting I've ever heard in Amnesia! Huge cred to the voice actors
- Suitor only spawned once and disappeared quickly. I saw no purpose with him
- Pretty few actual encounters (the grunt was walking around like 12 times and only attacked 1-2 times at most)
- The ending was way too easy, especially compared to the rest of the story. I did not understand what the Alexander voice acting did there. Was that a horseman?
I play a lot of stories, some of them are bad and some are decent. I ask myself "would I pay to play this story as a DLC?" And my answer is always No. But this time I could actually say "Yeah, I would pay to play this story".
There are a few minor things, like the ending, that could be a bit better, but it's close to perfection. The story is unique and refreshing, the level design is beutiful and the voice acting is the best I've ever heard in Amnesia.
10/10 - Masterpiece
Honestly, i loved this custom story! everything was beautiful there were a lot of creative things and it scared me. I loved the ideas of the different orbs and how each place was towards one thing like war or death. I loved the idea of the main characters daughter calling him. and i loved artur and how there were notes of another person in the same situation (i actully felt like crying when i found him) I felt like this was a custom story i really got into and didn't want to leave. The only problem was the levers that took me forever and i didn't even think to push the rock down the stairs so i wandered around i used up all my oil. Plus the ending was a little too..simple.. i was expecting it to be a lot harder but it honestly felt like "ha! you'll never defeat me! please ignore the large glowing machine that will kill me thats right infront of you completely ungaurded!"
I'm going to keep this review short.
- Nice and unique story
- great atmosphere
- very engaging
- Good voice acting
- very detailed
- good puzzles
- good length (3 hours gameplay)
- Last puzzle was too easy and obvious
- I couldn't relate with Katherine in anyway, I think her character was a bit underdeveloped and in my opinion the story could go without her
- Although I understand why Alastair had to kill Artur, his death was somewhat cheap
- My sanity was never in real danger even after long periods in darkness and looking at corpses
- The same thing goes to health, I only died once and that was because I killed myself trying to escape a grunt
- It could use more encounters.
Overall it was a good experience, nicely executed and very enjoyable. Having in mind that this is your first custom story you did a very good job.
For my complete playthrough: Youtube.com