You play as Alastair, a 19th century researcher who has devoted his life to the study of the Four Horsemen. Upon hearing reports of their arrival to Earth, Alistair realises that he may have the solution to save mankind from annihilation...
- High level of creativity
- Advanced, yet not too hard puzzles
- Amazing level design! It's obvious that you took your time with it
- Story line is so unique as it can be
- Best voice acting I've ever heard in Amnesia! Huge cred to the voice actors
- Suitor only spawned once and disappeared quickly. I saw no purpose with him
- Pretty few actual encounters (the grunt was walking around like 12 times and only attacked 1-2 times at most)
- The ending was way too easy, especially compared to the rest of the story. I did not understand what the Alexander voice acting did there. Was that a horseman?
I play a lot of stories, some of them are bad and some are decent. I ask myself "would I pay to play this story as a DLC?" And my answer is always No. But this time I could actually say "Yeah, I would pay to play this story".
There are a few minor things, like the ending, that could be a bit better, but it's close to perfection. The story is unique and refreshing, the level design is beutiful and the voice acting is the best I've ever heard in Amnesia.
10/10 - Masterpiece
This was a very impressive mod The pure originality was very welcome to create a atmosphere and story unlike any other in amnesia. The puzzles were also well placed and not to hard, many of the maps were nicely made and original and the atmosphere was good as well. the only issue i had was that there were almost no scares in this mod so the atmosphere lost its touch after a while . Still great though
This Custom story was good, but I feel it missed some essential things. I wanted to give this CS a 9/10 but I didnt enjoy it enough for that.
+ Nice map design. Very unqiue and detailed.
+ Voice acting.
+ Gameplay elements
+-Puzzels. They were original but very easy.
+-Story. Somehow I dont feel the story of the four horsemen fit in an Amnesia setting. Good try though!
- Challange. This was just a walk in the park. There was no challange at all. Only ones I had to run for my life as I got hit by a grunt who was waiting behind a door in the Death Area. I knew he would be there, but it was almost impossible to dodge the first hit. Furthermore all the enemies are very easy to avoid.
- Scariness. Man.. This is still Amnesia! Im a veteran player but I still get the rush from a good scary CS sometimes. But this was not scary at all. Mostly due the lack of challange. I never felt really threatened.
Overall a very decent CS. Good job!
Super-professional and looks absolutely fantastic in every setting. If I should say someting negative, it would be that it's too easy and too short. The mod is not actually short, it just FEELS short for the story it's telling. The individual horsemen's realms are "conquered" with more ease than you anticipate going in. You always feel like you have the safety of the realm's exit gate nearby. Monsters are easily avoided and puzzles easily solved. Only Death's realm feels like it's really taking its concept far enough (War was also good, although it would benefit from a more war-themed puzzle instead of the teleportation stuff). I would have loved to see more of that, because everything about the design and production is of the highest quality.