This is my seventh custom story to Amnesia. Please try my previous ones from my Addon - category. Give me feedback and say what parts and things you liked and disliked! :) And if you want to know more about my works, follow me on twitter or like my page on Facebook!
An incredible good story with unique scares, unique events and really nice level design!
- Really good level design
- Multiple paths (not extremly linear)
- You can leave the mansion and end the story when ever you want to
- The "blue portal" is incredible well made, unique and awesome
- Decent story
- Awesome scares! (You made an elite Amnesia player scared as hell, great job!)
- A little lack of story
- Pretty few monster encounters and half of them hallucinations
- A few, few texture glitches (staircase carpet and the first portal event)
- Some parts require some skills while some parts were extremly simple, like the machine room
- Very easy to escape the mansion. I never even made it into the laboratory because I escaped with the elevator
I have played over 60 mods and this story scares the **** out of me! Unique scares, really well made levels and a decent story is making this mod into one of the most intresting one I've played for awhile. Almost perfect, but I do expect a bit more to rate it max. But it's close to a 10. Great job! :)
This was a really well thought out Custom Story with a decent plot and a strong atmosphere.
I loved the use of the portals and the section in the library, i haven't seen anything like it!
I'm also hoping you continue the story and have someone return to the mansion and see what happens!
9/10 for ingenuity.
I liked this mod because you are a solid modder : detailing is good, mapping is nice, you managed to make pretty nice scripted events.
Scare throughout the story were successful on me, especially the exploding windows. I've never seen that one before and I it was a nice surprise.
Still, this mod kinda feels like it's unfinished : we don't get much about the story, the ending can come way too early, there's not even a cutscene at the end while you made an awesome one with the portal opening !
I think you did a good custom story, but slightly more work would have made it a lot better in my opinion. I still hope you'll keep releasing great CS, I like your work. Keep it up !
The puzzles follow basic Amnesia standards and fit okay, and the note about the creatures coming out from a portal was creepy. The actual portal cutscene was also well done. However, the lack of monster action leaves something to be desired here; just walking out of the tower was extremely anti-climatic.
There are worse Amnesia mods than this, I am always glad to see ones like this with no horrible voice acting. Overall, this is a decent mod.
Impressive work, very detailed. Has a lot of different types of scares. Overall ambience is very well done.
- Level design was impressive, the mansion parts were well done, as was the cellar.
- A very wide range of scares, from the best of jumpscares to the most creepy of ambience noises.
- Good use of the assets provided by the HPL Editor. I personally really liked the Library event with the portal. Very innovative and well implemented.
- The story is extremely flimsy, if it's even there at all at times.
- Whilst looking at Loki's Portal from the window, the building looked very bland. It's a shame, seeing as how well decorated everything else is.
- The part where you get taken to the Prison was extremely predictable, the scriptedness of the event more or less murdered my immersion.
And The Buggy:
- In the Prison, there is one of the low dungeon windows that you can view the jail cells from. If the player were to crouch in there for a better look, the ground plane extends too far into the window, trapping the player and forcing him/her to restart.
- Aside from a very few minor texture glitches, I have nothing else to mention.
Very well done, nicely decorated, with a well designed castle and impressive scares and well used assets. Though the story is the only thing this Custom Story is lacking. Which is too bad, because if that had been good as well, this CS would have been a straight ten.
This game was really well-designed. The mansion looked fantastic. There were a couple effective scares. The part with the portal in the library was phenomenal. It was all going well and then BAM it was over with hardly any warning. The ending was just ridiculously anticlimactic.