The Ancient Mediterranean MOD features a complete modification of Civilization IV. The game now only takes place in the times of Egypt, Rome, and Carthage. It is a complete overhaul of Civilization IV that leaves the basic mechanics of Civilization IV intact.
This is version 0.91 of The Ancient Mediterranean MOD for Civilization IV Beyond the Sword. Read below the fold for all information about this version.
1) Copy the EXE file into your BTS folder (tipically "\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword" or "\Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword" depending on your preferences)
2) Eventually remove (or rename if you wish to preserve it) the previous existing "Mods\TAM" subfolder
3) Remove from "Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps" all previous existing TAM map files
3) Double click on EXE file and confirm extraction
4) Go into "Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps" folder and double click on your preferred TAM map file
I suggest to create a map file shortcut on your desktop (right click on a map file, then "send to" desktop), and click on it to start the mod quickly.
-> fixed and improved soundtrack (no more medieval/late music, Bach, Beethoven, etc...) - thanks to Cybrxkhan for his audio libs from where I chose most of TAM 091 music
-> TAM ethnic units included
-> Apostolic Palace text and art (out of TAM timeline) replaced with Edictum Mediolanense (313 AD)
-> SpaceShip text, art and screen replaced with Silk Road concept
-> cultural, diplomatic and silk race victories are now possible outcomes (still difficult but possible)
-> an overall boost on science and gold since the beginning to give chances to complete techtree, building large empires and huge armies at noble/prince difficulty level; monarch level and beyond still remain hard to play
-> Elder Council now gives 1 science allowing a quick boost for techtree
-> School and Alchemistry now give 2 sciences
-> Observatory now is a standard city building (instead of 1 for every 4 libraries)
-> Olympic Gods religion comes with Heroism now
-> Palace shift is now available at the same time of the Agora
-> Lots of small adjustments on buildings, corporations, unit stats, techs, specialists, wonders, projects, etc...
-> Lots of small graphic fixes
There will be a FINAL 0.92 TAM version at end of summer to include the missing ethnic units (infantry and heavy infantry), bug fixes and, eventually, useful feedbacks from players ONLY IF they will involve simple XML changes