Star Wars Conquest is a Mount&Blade module which transforms a medieval world into the far, far away galaxy... with the same premises than the original game, this module offers an open sandbox where the player can do anything he wants. Based on a Galactic map and hundreds of planets.

Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Warband Port Poll (Mods : Star Wars Conquest : Forum : Suggestions : Warband Port Poll) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2
Mar 23 2011, 11:10am Anchor

It has been too quiet here lately, so I am starting a poll. It's freeform, so just reply your answer, there won't be a poll at the top. If the thread goes on for very long I will modify the OP to have the best posts.

What do you want to see most in the Warband port?

Mar 23 2011, 11:37am Anchor

Hooray for some activity :D!

I'd personally like to see what's in the latest update before warband but ideally Warband'll have (and this is a dream list not expected features!) new races (mainly Gran ;) ), new culture options, new minor factions, the ability for random new factions to declare independence, more starships, waaaaay more choice in armour and weapons (not that the current selection is bad but more is never bad) and just new awesome features that I've not thought of yet!

Mar 23 2011, 12:01pm Anchor

I want to see full-fledged space battles like something from SW:Battlefront in both singleplayer and multiplayer.

--

Mar 23 2011, 3:20pm Anchor

That'd be awesome but so hard to implement properly :P.

Saw this, some cool features that we could ask to borrow, especially for the Warband port :)

Youtube.com
Forums.taleworlds.com

Mar 23 2011, 3:29pm Anchor
Panda6666 wrote:That'd be awesome but so hard to implement properly :P.

Leave that to me.:rambo:

--

Mar 24 2011, 10:51am Anchor
ithilienranger wrote:
Panda6666 wrote:That'd be awesome but so hard to implement properly :P.

Leave that to me.:rambo:


How excited should I be about this statement :P. Are we thinking huge battles in 3d with capital ships and fighters, huge explosions and dying sound effects from your squad? Because now that you've hinted at this concept that's exactly what I'm thinking and I'm so excited!

Mar 25 2011, 1:44pm Anchor

Actualy I was thinking you were driving a capitol ship and the smaller ships(frigates,fighters,transports) are also in your controll. Like your on the command bridge but you can go down and get in a fighter and go out into space or get in a seat and control the whole capitol ship. That would be my dream fufilled. I've been looking for a star wars game like that my WHOLE LIFE!!!!(that I knew about star wars)

Mar 25 2011, 2:06pm Anchor
dude24oak wrote:Actualy I was thinking you were driving a capitol ship and the smaller ships(frigates,fighters,transports) are also in your controll. Like your on the command bridge but you can go down and get in a fighter and go out into space or get in a seat and control the whole capitol ship. That would be my dream fufilled. I've been looking for a star wars game like that my WHOLE LIFE!!!!(that I knew about star wars)

Sounds awesome, me supportz! I'd also like if there wasn't that awful blue glow on planets, I can't play my save anymore bcs my computer crashes evry time I try to play it... Plz fix this bug or tell me how to fix it (you could fix that via "Update Star Wars Conquest"-thingy, I would really appreciate it).

Swyter
Swyter Dream your Life      Live your Dreams
Mar 28 2011, 2:37am Anchor
Eltzu wrote:
dude24oak wrote:Actualy I was thinking you were driving a capitol ship and the smaller ships(frigates,fighters,transports) are also in your controll. Like your on the command bridge but you can go down and get in a fighter and go out into space or get in a seat and control the whole capitol ship. That would be my dream fufilled. I've been looking for a star wars game like that my WHOLE LIFE!!!!(that I knew about star wars)

Sounds awesome, me supportz! I'd also like if there wasn't that awful blue glow on planets, I can't play my save anymore bcs my computer crashes evry time I try to play it... Plz fix this bug or tell me how to fix it (you could fix that via "Update Star Wars Conquest"-thingy, I would really appreciate it).


Oops, my fail. I finally managed to solve it. But I haven't the 0.9.0.3 code anymore. Also, that changes are not save-compatible. Now in the running beta the "awful" glow works as expected.

--

My Mount&Blade Tools: » Iron Launcher for Warband » Iron Launcher » Font Customiser » WarKit 

Mar 29 2011, 11:47am Anchor
Swyter wrote:
Eltzu wrote:
dude24oak wrote:Actualy I was thinking you were driving a capitol ship and the smaller ships(frigates,fighters,transports) are also in your controll. Like your on the command bridge but you can go down and get in a fighter and go out into space or get in a seat and control the whole capitol ship. That would be my dream fufilled. I've been looking for a star wars game like that my WHOLE LIFE!!!!(that I knew about star wars)

Sounds awesome, me supportz! I'd also like if there wasn't that awful blue glow on planets, I can't play my save anymore bcs my computer crashes evry time I try to play it... Plz fix this bug or tell me how to fix it (you could fix that via "Update Star Wars Conquest"-thingy, I would really appreciate it).


Oops, my fail. I finally managed to solve it. But I haven't the 0.9.0.3 code anymore. Also, that changes are not save-compatible. Now in the running beta the "awful" glow works as expected.


Sorry to hear that you don't have the code anymore... I n00bishly tried just to copy the Native particle_systems to SWC.Nighty but of curz my game crashes evry time I try to load a save. :redface: Maybe I should try to edit a single particle-script in the particle_systems in SWC.Nighty folder. Is it possible just to minimize the particle system so that I can't see it anymore? Is the right script "psys_planet_icon_highlight_effect 12818 prt_engine_particle" or "psys_planet_icon_atmospheric_effect 12818 prt_engine_particle"? I'll just try to change those values and see what happens... :flame:

Is this a completely wrong way to face the problem? :confused:

P.S. Oh and I didn't mean that glow is "awful", I like it a lot when it just doesn't crash my game. :D

EDIT: HALLELUJAH!!! It GODDAMN WORKED! I edited that particle_systems file and that did it! I'm not sure yet if it works perfectly, but at least I could play for 30 secs and then I hurried here to tell the great news. I edited the 4th last script/line/thingy by setting all values to 0 except the first ones (make sure that you backup your original particle_systems-file before trying this). Here is a link to my text: Moddb.com (Copying the text normally here would mess the text up or maybe I'm just too n00b to place it here the right way...)

Maybe this should go to somewhere more official bugfix thread, but before that I need to do some more testing just to make sure that the fix works without messing up anything. I was amazed how easy fixing this could be, now I can play my save again!

If you can't get that glow off with my text or your game crashes, recover your backup and do the changes manually to the file. It may be possible that copying my code won't work bcs it may have some misplaced linechanges. (My SWC version is 0.9.0.3)

Edited by: Eltzu

Swyter
Swyter Dream your Life      Live your Dreams
Mar 30 2011, 8:15am Anchor

hehe, I see it has caught your interest. :) Good findings, Eltzu.
Here you have a raw map_icons.txt file. I've been playing and saving a lot of times to ensure it was working fine. With this the glow is working as intended, very soft and constant. You may need to start a new game tho.

Pastie.org

If you want to fix it by yourself... replace every

Quote:-70.000000 2 2071 1 1224979098644774912 1678 2 1224979098644774912 1008806316530991172

with

Quote:-70.000000 4 2071 1 1224979098644774912 1679 1 1224979098644774912 1679 1 1224979098644774912 1678 2 1224979098644774912 1008806316530991172


[!] Don't forget that in the last trigger you must replace the latest 2 with a 3. And that's pretty much it.

What it does is to remove the previous particles before applying them again. When I did it I thought that every map icon can only handle a particle system at a time. Of course I was wrong and they started to overlap every time you load the game. Sorry again for the stupid glitch.

EDIT: I'm going to upload the fix in the Automatic Updater. So everyone can finally get rid of it.

Edited by: Swyter

--

My Mount&Blade Tools: » Iron Launcher for Warband » Iron Launcher » Font Customiser » WarKit 

Mar 30 2011, 5:19pm Anchor
Swyter wrote:You may need to start a new game tho.

I tried this with my old save and the glow seems to work right. Thank you!

I didn't think that I would be able to make the glow gone with no help, though I am a bit nerd (still no coding experience). :D

Apr 26 2011, 10:06am Anchor

I don't have warband yet. I will be getting it. My friend and I like to play cooperative multiplayer games. I would love to see in your port the ability to play multiplayer against AI opponents, with both sides having armies. Also, I would love to be able to play a coop multiplayer game with my friend that played much like the single player game, though I suspect that might be nearly impossible. But hey, you never know if you don't ask. Keep up the great work guys!

Swyter
Swyter Dream your Life      Live your Dreams
Apr 26 2011, 10:39am Anchor
adawhite29 wrote:I don't have warband yet. I will be getting it. My friend and I like to play cooperative multiplayer games. I would love to see in your port the ability to play multiplayer against AI opponents, with both sides having armies. Also, I would love to be able to play a coop multiplayer game with my friend that played much like the single player game, though I suspect that might be nearly impossible. But hey, you never know if you don't ask. Keep up the great work guys!

*Taking notes* I'm currently experimenting with some techniques. Nothing clear at this point. Needs more hackery.
Someone has done something called "Battle Time!" but doesn't looks too straightforward to me.

The bot thing is easy, and fun to do. Don't worry.

--

My Mount&Blade Tools: » Iron Launcher for Warband » Iron Launcher » Font Customiser » WarKit 

Apr 27 2011, 6:02pm Anchor

Excellent, that is great to hear! BTW, Swyter, Thank you for all your continued hard work on this mod. It IS THE BEST!
P.S. My buddy loves it too, but he doesn't post here. Just wanted to let you know, there are many unspoken supporters too!

Edited by: adawhite29

Jul 4 2011, 6:15pm Anchor

if its not going to be in the latest update i would like to see a lot more variety in the mandalorian troops

Jul 26 2011, 1:30pm Anchor

I would love to see more Factions. Such as Black Sun, Mandolore, CIS Remnant, Republic Remnant, Hapes Consortium, Zann Consortium (Game based i know but still a nice addition).
Basically All those little groups that make up the galaxy to give it more variety and paths to go, rather than Good, Evil or Pirate. There are more but i cant think of any off the top of my head :P

Maybe as well, for a new faction and invasion possibility, you could include the yuuzhan vong. As they could be easily used for melee and ranged combat skills. And i should imagine arnt too difficult to model considering the other races you already have.

Units wise, as well as new faction troop trees for the ones i just suggested. I wouldnt mind seeing more variety in the Rebel and Imperial trees. The rebels for instance, could have bothan spys, Mon calamari commanders, and various other species. The empire on the other hand, i would like to see Dark Troopers if they are not already in as i couldnt find any in the .9.0.3 Version. And also assasins and mercernaries, but Imperial based ones.

The big one i've been thinking about, is land vehicles. Seens as how you can ride a speeder bike. Would something like a Snow speeder or an AT-ST be able to be used? I think this would be something really unique which will add alot of fun and battle options into the mod. The rebel vanguards and other troops would be more useful to counter heavily armoured vehicle attacks. Maybe even an AT-AT (Robot Camels for the Family Guy Fans) on some flatter maps? I would love to see this implemented as it gives a great list of options of what to include and how to spice up warfare in this mod :)

Oct 18 2012, 4:24pm Anchor

what i would love to see?

that port, lal, has it been started yet? because i would reallly like to be able to play this thing with warband and not have to search high and low for my dang hard copy of the first game... this is my suggestion :P just convert everything thats already made to warband, then continue from there O.o the first game came out almost 5 years ago, such dedication to the mod is beyond impressive though

Oct 19 2012, 8:33am Anchor

Don't wan't to dissapoint you but... That has been the plan for years now, they will finalize the original M&B version out of bugs and add scenes etc. first, and start the Warband porting/further developin after that. You don't want the Warband version to be just clitchy preview version don't you?

And if you have the original M&B installed in your computer, you don't need the disc for playing.

Edited by: dinnerblaster1

Oct 21 2012, 6:19pm Anchor

yes, yes i do want a glitchy preview, i dont care if it lags, i desire it,

i know its been for years, thing is im tired of the 5 year old graphics engine thats limiting the dev team, its got to be more difficult to code new day stuff into a ancient base,

not only that but what they are doing in literaly by the book insain and stuborn, spending years working on this mod, great determination, since i havent seen a single other M&B original mod left.

but they are running on a very small fading community, newcomers are those that type warband starwars mod and come acrost this, and then findout that its still just a first gen M&B addition, ive been following since its TBD times

Jan 22 2013, 3:12am Anchor

i want it to work........

Feb 15 2013, 4:41pm Anchor

eventualy, eventualy there will be a port, and eventualy, we will have this mod, but if they delay for much longer, it would be wiser to port it to Bannerlord instead.

Feb 18 2013, 12:51pm Anchor

For warband it would be great if the bullets you shoot wouldn't be affected by gravity. And also shotguns and maybe heavy miniguns would be nice.

Swyter
Swyter Dream your Life      Live your Dreams
Feb 18 2013, 5:04pm Anchor
Bishnaps wrote:For warband it would be great if the bullets you shoot wouldn't be affected by gravity. And also shotguns and maybe heavy miniguns would be nice.

Yeah, don't worry about gravity and blasters in Warband.
Taleworlds added an specific flag for that. Why would they do that? :)

--

My Mount&Blade Tools: » Iron Launcher for Warband » Iron Launcher » Font Customiser » WarKit 

May 6 2013, 10:46am Anchor

i got a question?
why wont my game run i downloaded it and everything, it starts up but as its loading up the game it said can not open file costumesA. something,bra i think, i looked through all my files and i don't have one of those files. i can still run the main game and my other mods but it wont let me run star wars.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.