Star Wars Conquest is a Mount&Blade; module which transforms a medieval world into the far, far away galaxy... with the same premises than the original game, this module offers an open sandbox where the player can do anything he wants. Based on a Galactic map and hundreds of planets.

Forum Thread
bstm300 Bug Report (Games : Mount & Blade : Mods : Star Wars Conquest : Forum : Bug Reports : bstm300 Bug Report) Locked
Thread Options
Swyter
Swyter Dream your Life      Live your Dreams
May 31 2011 Anchor

bstm300 wrote: Glitches and bugs to note:

1. On certain levels, if HK Assassin droids are told to hold fire, they will keep retreating until they hit the edge of the map where they will be stuck. Sometimes, telling them to charge will break the weird hold fire-retreat glitch, but, most of the time, it won't.

2. Ranged troops such as Mandalorian & Wookie Sharpshooters have a slow transition from ranged to meelee when oncoming troops are charging them. Secondly, sometimes these troops don't even switch to their meelee weapons when they are engaged in close quarters.

3. On open grassy and hilly levels with trees, HK assassin droids sometimes remain stuck at the spawn point.

4. On those same open grassy and hilly levels with trees, mounted troops and meelee troops given any sort of move forward command will keep walking forward, despite having a tree in front of them. This glitch results in troops stuck in trees because they weren't programmed to avoid them.

5. Jedi Heroes Slow Response Time - I have about three jedi heroes equipped with double-bladed light sabers and force lightning. Given that their Weapon Master and Athletics skills are level 5, they should be pretty quick and nimble in battle, right? This isn't the case. All three heroes have very slow weapon transition and attack response times in battle. When getting close to enemies, they don't switch from force lightning to their light sabers quickly enough, often hesitating. Second of all, when their light sabers are out, they don't swing at enemies quickly enough. All three heroes are about level 16, and it takes them about an average of 15 seconds to kill 2 standard storm troopers. That's pathetic. If I have high level Jedi heroes with me, I better be cutting through troopers like a knife cuts through butter.

May 31 2011 Anchor

1. Same problem with other droids that they are not assigned a class for battles(i.e. ranged, melee, cavalry). This will be fixed in the next version.

2+5. This could be a limitation of the engine. Speed of weapons also depend on the proficiency level of that weapon type and the speed rating of the weapon itself. Agility and some other skills could possibly have an effect.

3+4. I am guessing that this is due to a lack of good ai_mesh for the scene.

--

Jun 1 2011 Anchor

Well, thanks for taking a look. Sorry about posting it in the comments area. I'll post it in the right spot next time.About your response on 2+5. My jedi heroes all have pole arms above 130 and the speed of the double bladed light saber isn't the issue either. So, I'm not really sure why they take so long to kill troopers. Agility is quite high, too. It must be a limitation of the AI engine as you say.

Edited by: bstm300

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.