Star Wars: Interregnum is an upcoming mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion that builds off of the highly successful Enhanced 4X Mod. Fleeing the unknown terror that is chasing the Vasari, the factions of Sins of a Solar Empire stumble on a temporary wormhole that takes them to a galaxy far, far away. The sudden arrival of armadas with trillions of refugees and thousands of warships between the events of Episodes 5 & 6 forever alters the Star Wars universe and plunges the galaxy into an unprecedented period of chaos and violence. Begun, a new conflict has.

Forum Thread
Sins 2 and Interregnum (Games : Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion : Mods : Star Wars: Interregnum : Forum : General : Sins 2 and Interregnum) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 11 2022 Anchor

So it seems there is a rough Sins 2 early build (which could impact how answerable my question is) out on Epic. Given that (and the fact that I am not a programmer), I am curious if there is any possibility of porting this to Sins 2 when (and if) it releases? For the most part the game itself is ok as is but there are definitely cracks due to the engines capabilities. Itd be awesome to see this awesome mod run on an engine built for modern equipment. I fear this may not be possible without reworking the whole thing but I am ever the optimist.

Dec 11 2022 Anchor

At this point we can't really say anything more than we said in our article on the subject. I will say that having played the Technical Preview, Sins II has the potential to be way better for modding than Sins I. But what if anything we'll end up doing needs the game to be farther along. The gameplay systems will doubtlessly change a lot before Sins II is released, it is still very early in development.

Edited by: GoaFan77

Dec 15 2022 Anchor

My apologies. I glanced at the front page and missed it due to the Beta getting top headline billing. Either way my error. Thanks for the information. Seems like it was basically the best case scenario. Not a no but too soon to really know given how early in development SoaSE II seems to be.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.