Source Media Arcade February Update
The mod that lets you & your friends walk around your media library and browse in FULL 3D has recently received some improvements in the form of new DLCs and a core update.
New Downloadable Content
All-new DLC continues to roll out with 2 unique cabinet models being the newest addition to the collection; bringing the total number of DLCs available in the store to 15. More DLC cabinets are being skinned as I type this! So keep an eye on the in-game DLC Store for the latest content!
In response to community feedback concerning the amount of disk space required to install the mod, Source Media Arcade now defaults to a "Minimal Install" mode that requires ONLY the Source SDK Base 2007 be installed on your computer.
You can still manually enable the loading of maps & resources from other Source engine games through the DLC Store. Just go to the DLC Store and install the "Extra Resources" DLC located at the top.
A bug which caused many people with Steam installed to a very short path (such as D:\Steam) to experience a crash has been RESOLVED! Thank you for reporting the problem and your patients while I hunted down the cause of the bug.
Also, a bug recently introduced that prevented new users from detecting which Steam games they owned has been fixed. Source Media Arcade now uses the official Steam Community API to detect which games you own, so as long as your Steam Community Profile is set to PUBLIC, all of your games will be properly detected.
Finally, a bug that could cause a crash when changing an artwork image to a local file has been fixed.
Improvements & Other Bug Fixes
There has been some UI tweaks to improve ease of use and nasty bugs have been squashed. Below is the complete change log for this core update.
Version 2.0b to 2.0c Change Log:
- Resources from other Source engine games are not loaded by default (for new users)
- A DLC has been added that enables the loading of content from other Source engine games
- Added a Change Image URL button for artwork images on the Launch page
- Added a Remove Item link to the Item Details page
- Added a Remove All Items From Folder to the Item Details page
- Added the convar "exist_required" that will override the file exists check
- Auto-generated items are not saved to your library until you modify them
- Modifying an artwork URL will now cause the appropriate artwork image to refresh as well
- Removed the Open File Location button for artwork images on the Launch page
- Fixed a bug that could cause the mod to crash if Steam was installed to a very short folder path
- Fixed a bug that prevented the mod from detecting which Steam games new users owned
- Fixed a bug that would cause a random item to spawn even after you manually choose an item for the cabinet
- Fixed a bug that would cause different items to be randomly selected for each player in a MP server
- Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when changing an artwork image from the Launch page
Or download the FULL VERSION of Source Media Arcade 2.0c...
Download Full Version 2.0c Now!
If you don't use Desura and already have version 2.0 or 2.0b installed, you can click here to download the 2.0/2.0b to 2.0c update patch. It will leave your library and customized arcades intact.