The team has reached an agreement: v1.61 will be released on Thursday. Sorry for the delay, but we wanted to make sure we addressed most every issue regarding v1.60 before shipping this patch out.
Here are some notable changes you can expect:
- Map overview system has been removed due to the explicit advantages it gave to survivors in most every gamemode.
- Added collision detection between teams, but not among teams (you'll still be able to run through your teammates).
- Eliminate the attacking delay with zombie claws and increase the amount of damage each zombie class can do to survivors.
- Base the number of points you get at the start of each round to your level (+1000 starting points per level).
- Slightly reduced the accuracy of all weapons when using ironsights and slightly decreased MP5K and AK47 damage.
- Removed all reported illegal content that somehow found its way into the mod.
- Added a simple experience progress bar for the level HUD element.
- Removed knockback system for the undead as it was simply causing too many problems (restored to old HL2 system for now which appears to work just fine, actually).
- Added a new possible undead class for the Infection gamemode: the Ghost (almost invisible, but very weak).
- Added a new map: so_obj_lockdown.
- Reworked the Holdout gamemode to be more fun for players and improved both so_ho_stronghold and so_ho_canals (details below).
We've completely reworked the Holdout gamemode, so allow me to explain that as well. The following is quoted from a thread on our website:
£cho wrote: When a zombie enters a holdout zone, they trigger a ten-second timer. A message is displayed that an intruder has entered the holdout zone and a sound is played to ensure all players are aware of the intrusion. If the survivors manage to clear the holdout zone within ten seconds, they live to fight another day. Conversely, if the survivors fail to clear out the holdout zone in ten seconds, they will loose.
Hopefully this will make the gamemode more exciting and balance out harder maps like stronghold, which by the way has been changed significantly to support these changes. Canals has received some updates as well.
That's all for now. See you Thursday!