Sikkmod is a visual enhancement mod for Quake 4 designed to update the game to a more modern level.
Version 1.1 of Sikkmod Lite for Quake 4. Sikkmod is a general enhancement mod for Quake 4 designed to update the game to a more modern level visually, allow some customizations gameplay wise, as well as including fixes and better organization to stock files to be used as a base for future mods.
Change log from the readme... (not really complete)
- Fixed some texture bugs where the shadow mesh texture would draw overtop of the mesh
- Updated and improved HDR implementation
- Added HDR dynamic lens flare effect
- Added color grading through the use of a lut. Much faster and more versatile than using math
- Added localized radial blur effect from explosions
- All new interaction shader using linear-space lighting, normalized Blinn-Phong
- miscellaneous tweaks and improvements to most shaders
- A complete overhaul of weapon damage/enemy damage/enemy health to better mimic the values
of Quake 2. The game plays much better now, in my opinion.
- made the sikkmod options menu more pretty.
- mod menu is now visible when you esc to menu while in-game
- Initial Release