Rise of the lost Children is an add-on mod exclusively for multi-player which adds some unique features so far not achieved in the space combat simulation game Freelancer. The story behind this mod is matching very well the story in Freelancer, exploiting some facts already present in vanilla Freelancer but which were unfinished. The aim of this mod is to add enjoyable new features for both freelancer pilots and also for clans in multi-player. As freelancer you can participate in story wars, epic battles, competitions, make money and become famous.
This is the first finished release of Rise of the Lost Children mod
* Thrawn for the considerable ammount of help
* Advanced Battleship Encounters - script by Crabtree.
* Freelancer War on Nomads - script by vamp679.
* Spinning Planets - script concept by warzog and Bob McDob - tweaked by Crabtree.
* Richard Sabatino for tweaks
* Gibbon From Gizmo Studios for extra lights
* Lancersreactor comunity for tuts and stuff
* SLF members for testing and help: Torch, Wc_eend, Squig, Hallc, Ares, Illuzion, qqq, Carni4, Goldo and all other i didnt mention.
Features so far:
* Start system Cloning Vats with affiliation engine
* Added new factions: Korben's Clones, Raiders of Sirius, Junkers' Syndicate.
* New system: New Europe - Order system.
* New system: Sirius Enclave - battlefield system.
* New system: Tortuga - Raider system.
* New map here
* You can pick a role between: Raiders of Sirius (pirates) The Order (hunters) Nomads (rogues) and Junkers (traders).
* Unique start reputation, affiliation, ship and start locations depending on your role - original concept.
* All gates opened.
* New ships: Junker VHF and bonus ship, Rheiland VHF, Kusari VHF, Bretonia VHF and Order VHF, Police ship and Raider LF, HF, VHF and bonus Raider ship, DomKavash LF, HF and VHF.
* New weapons for Houses and Pirates, new turrets.
* Unknowns renamed to Omicron Delta (upper) and Epsilon (lower)
* Clan systems, entrable only by clan members, all is made ingame - original concept.
* Visual clan tags on the ship - original concept.
* Added new nomad weapons
* Added Nomads lairs in their systems.
* Modded ship stats and physics for all ships
* Modded weapons and hardpoints classes, you can mount any human weapon on any human ship but you cannot use nomad weapons.
* Dynamic trading (prices made by players) - original concept
* Battleship Encounters
* New Raiders and Junker bases in their systems.
* New commodities and trade routes
* Bloom effect and lod modifier as option
* Support for 1680x1050 wide ratio
* New wrecks
* New missions
* Dynamic lights
* New rumors and news
* You need FLMM 1.3 to make it work and no other mods installed.
Offline at the moment
* 24/7 server -> Name: :: Rise of the Lost Children ::
* You can test using your own server:
- activate the mod with FLMM
- if you activated wide resolution support please run "toggle1680x1050" in your Freelancer folder (for version 0.86 and greater only)
- run FLserver (Start -> Microsoft Games -> Freelacer ->FLServer)
- Start Freelancer -> Multiplayer -> LAN
- connect and play
Known bugs or misses:
* Affiliation lost if died before reconnected to server (won't be fixed)
* Nomad Lair and Dyson City docking distance (won't be fixed)
* Random kill in startup system (1st jump) (won't be fixed)
* Capital ship LOD limited to 2k
* Capital ship formation leads to gunships shooting BS sometimes
* Small ships sometimes do not attack capital ships but move away
* Visible jumphole as faction start location
* Some HP for tagletters are missplaced
Future add-ons (only if i find a decent server):
* Flyable planetscapes
* Lair interiors
* Serverside "in space" news system
* New special quests
* Prison system
* Admin system (Tohoku)
* Make Punisher available in admin system
* Arena system
* Race tracks in arena system
* Clan systems tweak
* Make Pharao, SoulRipper available in clan systems
* BH faction affiliation
* New starspheres
* Increased asteroid LOD
* Random gates for nomad attacks