This is the home of the homebrew port of Quake - the hit first-person shooter from 1996 - to the Nintendo DS handheld system.
This is the binary for the third release of QuakeDS
Sourced from: Quake.drunkencoders.com
|config.cfg||The config file that I use to run the game with. A regular PC one will do, but I know that this one works :-)|
|DOS shareware version||Shareware version of the DOS version of Quake - contains shareware pak files needed to run QuakeDS|
|Quake source||id's page of game source|
|DLDI for libfat||Chishm's flash card driver page - you need the appropriate file from this page in order to make QuakeDS run|
How to start the game has not changed - if you've played before, just replace the executable with a new one.
This mini-guide assumes that you are familar with the process of running homebrew on your Nintendo DS. If you don't know how to run NDS homebrew, look online for the answer...
You cannot use total conversions or mods with the shareware data files.
- In the root of your flash card, make a directory named id1
- If you're using the shareware version, copy pak0.pak from that archive into the id1 directory that you just created
- If you're using a commerical version, copy pak0.pak AND pak1.pak into that directory
- For example, on my GBA Movie Player (CF) I download the file named 'mpcf.dldi' from Chishm's page.
- I then run 'dlditool mpcf.dldi k:\QuakeDS.nds' - note K: is the volume where my Compact Flash card is mounted, yours will likely differ
- For example, on my GBA Movie Player, I need to rename K:\QuakeDS.nds to K:\_boot_mp.nds
Here is an excellent video tutorial by CalcProgrammer showing you how to install pre-release 2 - the method is still the same for release 3.