Quake Wars: Tactical Assault is a revamp of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars' core gameplay, with the intention of creating a grittier, more realistic environment than the base game, while still telling the story of the Strogg invasion of Earth. While Enemy Territory: Quake Wars tends to be a game of shoot first, often, and charge into the meatgrinder, Quake Wars: Tactical Assault strives to be more of a thinking man(or woman)'s game, where choosing your fights and positioning yourself to prevail carries the day.
Quake Wars: Tactical Assault
Modification for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
QWTA Website: Qwta.moddb.com
Quake Wars: Tactical Assault's first official trailer video, showcasing some of the more visual features of the mod, including:
* Blood and gore effects!
* Quake 2/4-style Hyperblaster (Slower ROF, homing projectiles, and area damage.)
* Nuclear Hammer missiles, complete with flash blinding and fallout.
* The Abaddon Hovertank (Mounting the new weapons Plasma Beam and Flamethrower)
* Quake 2/3/4-style Railgun (Shoots through people!)
* Quake 4-style Dark Matter Cannon (With gravitational effects!)
* The Jupiter Assault Tank (Mounting a prototype BFG10k cannon.)
While QWTA's famous vehicle drops aren't directly shown here, vehicles are possible on all the maps pictured without using cheats. So yeah, you can cruise around inside Salvage with an Abaddon if you'd like. Or strafe Volcano in an Anansi.