Quake Wars: Tactical Assault is a revamp of Enemy Territory: Quake Wars' core gameplay, with the intention of creating a grittier, more realistic environment than the base game, while still telling the story of the Strogg invasion of Earth. While Enemy Territory: Quake Wars tends to be a game of shoot first, often, and charge into the meatgrinder, Quake Wars: Tactical Assault strives to be more of a thinking man(or woman)'s game, where choosing your fights and positioning yourself to prevail carries the day.
First release of Quake Wars: Tactical Assault! v0.1 is out!
Posted by Azuvector on Dec 15th, 2007
The first release of Quake Wars: Tactical Assault is out! v0.1 is available for downloads, so please give it a try and see what you think. Feedback is appreciated, either here at moddb.com within QWTA's forum section, or on the official Quake Wars community forums(In existing threads in the mod section; please do not spam).
This is merely a very early release of QWTA. A lot more is planned for
the future, as creating this mod is an ongoing process. So far,
the main features(summarized at the most basic) include:
* Strafejumping eliminated.
* Head and neck hit locations' damage multipliers increased slightly.
* Unscoped/unironsighted weapon spreads increased(accuracy decreased).
* Weapon damages against players increased.
* Weapon damages against vehicles and deployables decreased.
* Player respawn times increased.
* Vehicle respawn times increased.