Quake <-- Nethack. Yes, it is that simple.

Forum Thread
016.11.5 Update (Games : Quake : Mods : Quake Hack : Forum : Quake-Hack Lore : 016.11.5 Update) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 5 2016 Anchor

Project is rolling along nicely.

The most important section, the world builder core, is close to what I'll call the "release state."

The next weeks goal is to implement a decent world build and dungeon build. Then test both.

If that fares well, I can tick off a few items and then start the "polish" process.

Not much polish - this is still beta / demo.

I'm going to see if the demo can have a fun / playable element. At this moment it is all
about the builder and that is pretty much all it does. The dungeon portion is playable
but entirely random with little focus besides, run, shoot, run faster, find ammo.

Elements needing a tick:

Fall save code. Needs serious recode - there is no longer a CONTENT_SOLID that is detectable.
I havent fallen off the edge in some time. I just know this needs done.

I'd like to do something about "map" and "changelevel" commands. Just not sure what yet.

Also need some code for coop to keep helper bots near-ish to the player.

And set some kind of beacon / spawn save feature. Q-one already does this but its automatic.
I'd like to have an impulse option the player can use as well.

Stay tuned, the kick-ass demo will happen!

--

\|/
-N-umber Six
/|\

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.