A new version of Zephon with completely re-made gameplay, as well as various map improvements: - Fixed the intro bug reseting the game difficuly to "Medium...
Project Zephon: Battle for freedom is a first-person shooter designed for UnrealTournament. It features full support for singleplayer mode as well as online cooperative mode.
>>>> Incoming message from Captain Dirk. C Capwell, chief commander of SCTC
>>>> SCTC stands for Surveillance & Control of the Terran Colonies attached to the NEG
>>>> Message received by UMS-Raven, Class B destroyer
>>>> 21st of September, 3:32 pm
Current status update from marine HQ regarding the recent events on Zephon:
Zephon was a hostile planet at first, the cold atmosphere (up to -50° C) made life on this planet impossible. It all started with the beginning of the terra-forming wars, when human colonies like Mars and Venus attacked the terra-forming installations of the NEG on various planets all across the known universe. They attempted in stealing their technologies and invading planets which have just fallen under the occupation of Terran forces. The Skaarj took a large profit of the situation and took control over a series of strategically important planets.Zephon was one of those planets, and the battles that took place on its surface were immense. Source of infinite nitrogen due to the high numbers of glaciers
and underground exploitations, humans used terra-forming to use nitrogen as primary energy. The Skaarj made several attempts to take control of the planet, but received heavy resistance from the Terran forces based on the surface of the planet. We suppose a mother ship crashed high in the mountains during one of those battles, but we found no evidence what so ever verifying that, so we are unable to prove it.After the battles which left the Terran forces on the planet in victory, the marines established a series of security installations so extraction and processing of nitrogen started again.
Fifty years have passed since than, the colonists have build countless factories, expanded underground mines and improved cities on the planet’s surface and the planet gradually won independency from the NEG. Marines left the planet after the Skaarj had been taken care of. But problems arose now. A few days ago we received strange messages without any real signification and we haven’t heard from the planet since. We must discover what happened on the planet and resolve any problems that might have occurred.
I already talked to commander Riley about this problem and he left towards Zephon with UMS-Sakura and a group of marines to investigate recent events.
>>>> Message end <<<<
Some of the fixes in this version:
- Fixed the intro bug reseting the game difficuly to "Medium",
- Major overhaul of all translator messages, including proof-reading & design tweaks,
- Improved A.I. paths,
- Massive redesign of the Military Bot (no more rocket spamming, deals less damage, has less health etc.),
- Fixed doors,
- Improved other movers,
- General overhaul of gameplay (health and ammo supplies changed, some enemy tweaks),
- Fixed broken map scripting,
- Fixed some BSP and collision problems on ZP01, ZP08 and ZP11,
- Fixed performance issues on ZP01. There remains one low-performance area in the map due to heavy usage of dynamic lights.
- Added a coop failsafe in ZP10 for the Skaarj ambush, preventing the map from becoming stuck. Doors auto-release after 5 minutes after invoking the ambush.
- Fixed annoying music loop in map 5 after reloads.
I hope you will enjoy the new version of Zephon!