The award winning Project Reality Mod and Black Sand Studios are proud to announce the official release of Project Reality v0.8!
Following the last release of Project Reality (v0.75), we have been continuously working to improve multiple aspects of game-play and resolve bugs. Thanks to the continued support from you, the community, and our dedicated team of testers, we have successfully corrected many of the bugs in v0.75 and added several new features and tweaks.
Please note that due to the size of the mod, we have split the download into 2 parts, the core and the levels. You will need to download and install both to run the mod. To download Project Reality Reality v0.8, click the banner image below.
What first person shooter release would be complete without an array of new handheld toys and weapons to play with. Along with the long overdue overhaul of the grenade launcher systems, the MEC faction has recieved a healthy injection of new small arms and AT systems to further diversify the MEC as a fighting force.
Speaking of injections, the new equipment the medics will be recieving includes an adrenaline injector to replace the defibrillators as well as other tools to help them forfill their battlefield roles.
The militia and insurgents by no means recieve a ton of new instruments and arms to further their causes. From molotovs to cell phones, anti tank grenades to two World War 2 era rifles, both factions are better equipped to fight their aggressors. Many thanks to the Battlefield Korea and Forgotten Hope 2 teams for allowing us the use of their SKS rifle and No.4 SMLE rifles, of which we have adapted for use in Project Reality.
- All Conventional Factions - Underbarrel Grenade Launchers - M4 M203, M16A4 M203, G3 HK79, L85A2 AG36
- US Army - M4 Carbine
- US Army, USMC and British - M249 SAW/Minimi
- MEC - SSGP1 Sniper Rifle
- MEC - G3SG1 Rifle
- MEC - RPG26 Anti Tank
- British - L85A2 Bayonet
- British - L86 Light Support Weapon
- Coalition Factions on Insurgency maps - Zipties
- Militia and Insurgents - Short Magazine Lee Enfield No.4 Rifle - Ironsights and Scoped
- Militia and Insurgents - Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova (SKS)
- Insurgents - Molotov Cocktail
- Insurgents - RKG-3 Anti Tank Grenade
- Insurgents - Cellular Telephone
- Medic Tools - Resuscitate Compression
- Medic Tools - Epinephrine Auto Injector
With the addition of a new faction, comes new vehicles to compliment its infantry arsenel. We bring to you the heavy assets of the US Army, as well as a few other pieces of mobile equipment to bolster the other factions.
- US Army - M2A2 Bradley APC
- US Army - UH-60 Blackhawk
- US Army - M1126 Stryker ICV
- US Army and USMC - HMMWV
- British - Stormer Anti Air Vehicle
- British - RAF Tornado GR4
- All Conventional Factions - Return of the support jeeps
New Commander Features
Commanders in this new version while encouraged to remain away from the heat of battle, are given much more efficient tools to do their job with. As well as a couple new toys to ensure the enemy remains on their toes!
- Enterable Command Post - required for all commander functions
- Commander placeable map markers to help team coordination
- Spotting system for squad leaders and commander
- Commander deployed off-map artillery, mortars and JDAM strikes
New Deployable Assets
Commanders now have a proper means to allow their team to defend their forward positions, as well as holding strong points in a fearsome manner with the addition of heavy machine guns on a stationary platform. The Insurgents also have expanded their capabilities for operations with the addition of deployable hideouts, which work in a similar fashion to that of conventional army forward outposts.
- All Conventional Factions and Militia - Deployable Heavy Machine Guns
- Insurgents - Deployable Insurgent Hideouts
New Game Modes
Along with Project Reality's own Insurgency and Counterattack modes, we bring to you more ways to get the most out of the already outstanding maps included in this release.
- Assault and Secure Version 3
In this third installment of Advance And Secure, we include random control points. Inspired by the Insurgency game mode, the addition of randomness to a game mode provides great replayablity with different set of objectives each time you play. Of course, it won't be as random as Insurgency, but still adds different takes on several maps.
- Command & Control (CnC)
This new game mode features large freeform battles. There are no CP’s except for the operations bases. The enemy base can be attacked once all 4 forward outposts have been constructed. Combat can take place at any part of the map as the teams try to advance closer towards the enemy base and fortify vital positions along the way.
This game mode is a scaled down version of Advance and Secure, intended for fewer players. It is perfect for clan matches and small infantry engagements. Skirmish has the same rules as AAS but with smaller combat zones, fewer CPs, no vehicles or deployable assets as well as fewer tickets.
- Training Mode
This game mode is mainly for training with different equipment and vehicles. Friendly fire is off. Spawning is very fast, and vehicles are abundant. Tickets are unlimited in this mode.
- Korengal Valley (US Army vs INS)
- Muttrah City 2 (USMC vs MEC)
- Operation Barracuda (USMC vs PLA)
- Ramiel (US Army vs INS)
- Tad Sae (USMC vs PLA)
New Animations, Sounds and Effects
At long last we have moved out of an animation drought, and in this release we are proud to bring to Project Reality, all new animations for every single weapon and piece of equipment in the game!
And to match, sounds to accompany these new animations and weapon fire sounds to achieve an immersive experience unmatched by any other first person shooter.
- Total animation and sound overhaul to immerse the player in the battlefield
- Slowed down sight transistion times for all weapons, relative to their projected effectiveness on the battlefield
- New recoil animations to achieve a much more fluid effect when firing
- Grenades have a hand indicator, showing the general area where the grenade is going to go at throwing
- Reload animations and times have been extended
- Light anti-tank, heavy anti-tank and hand-held anti-air launchers have extended deploy times, with animations accompanying them
- New fire sounds for various weapons, from grenades, explosives, small arms and missile systems
- New visual effects such as smoke, missile trails, cannon fire, impacts, grenade explosions and area attack impacts
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
We have concentrated on tackling as many bugs as possible, here is a list of the major issues resolved in the Project Reality v0.8:
- Enhanced weapon deviation system to promote even more tactical play
- Tweaked rally point system to allow for much more flexible placement of rally points
- Spawn Time exploit fixed (no longer able to reduce spawn time by selecting kits)
- Instant Tank Gunner exploit fixed (no longer able to leave/join squad to remove the delay to use)
- Insurgency game mode overhauled and stabilized
- Fixed vBF2 "out of breath" sound bug