The TC takes place in the Vietnam War. You are the lieutenant of the 2nd Platoon, Company B. Your tour of duty takes you from the fierce firefights in the jungle to the dark and booby-trapped underground tunnel systems.
Platoon is for version 1.3 and 1.4/1.5. It has 6 levels. Here are all new levels, textures, weapons, and enemies. There are mission briefings before some missions. Before you start most missions you stock up on health, weapons, and ammo. And you get to choose from two weapon/ammo combinations. Also on some levels you can call in air strikes.
Title : Platoon - Total Conversion
Version : 1.1
Release date : August 4, 1997
NOTE: This total conversion is for Duke Nukem v1.3d only !!!
It doesn't work with the Plutonium Pak (v1.4 and v1.5)
2. INSTALLATION / STARTING A NEW GAME
1) Copy the file PLATOON.ZIP to your \Duke3d directory
2) Unzip the file PLATOON.ZIP
3) Run PLATOON.BAT
4) After you have installed Platoon TC, type 'DUKE3D' to play in
single player or 'SETUP' to play co-op or dukematch.
NOTE: In a multiplay game, all players must have
Platoon TC installed.
5) In Single Player, select 'START A NEW GAME' and the episode
'L.A. MELTDOWN'. After that you must choose the difficulty level.
We recommend the easiest 'PIECE OF CAKE', because some maps
are quite difficult. The difficulty level 'LET'S ROCK' is for
real soldiers only.
6) In Cooperative, the right episode is 'L.A.MELTDOWN' just like
in single player, but you should choose 'COME GET SOME' as the
difficulty level (or 'LET'S ROCK')
7) In DukeMatch, the levels are in the 'LUNAR APOCALYPSE' episode.
For more info, see the readme in the zip file...