The closed beta was what we wanted and is now closed. We are now working on our first public release and this is an update to where we stand at the moment...
Posted by Wesley on May 4th, 2011
The closed beta was what we wanted and is now closed (so no more invites will be sent out). We were able to gather loads of information (bugs/crashes/game play feedback/etc...) We discussed the most important issues that needed to be fixed for our next update and this is what we are working on at the moment. Things are a bit slow because of a few reasons e.g.: Summer has struck Europe early, Maarten is remodeling his kitchen. The good news is Maarten has been able to do some fixes already and my changes for the next update have been done for quite some time now. We will also release the next update as a first public release. This means we will release it on: ModDB / Desura. I have set up 8 public servers already, 4 in the US and 4 in EU. The updates we have fixed so far are:
* increased shotgun damage from 11 dmg per pellet to 15 dmg per pellet
* increased global damage modifier from 0.85 to 0.95
* increased damage over distance factor for shotguns from 0.25 to 0.5
* increased damage over distance factor for smg from 0.35 to 0.55
* increased headshot damage modifier from 1.35 to 1.45
* increased minigun damage per bullet from 35 to 45
* mp_timelimit default value is now 0
* grenades now bounce off enemy forcefields
* fixed grenade count not matching loadout
* increased JN armor effectiveness by 50%
* fixed crash bug related to vehicle networking race condition
* fixed weapon loadout weight calculation not taking clip 1 ammo into account
- ol_styx: Added vehicle clips on ticket gates inside subway station entrance, where you could get stuck with vehicle and not get out
- ol_styx: Added vehicle clips and player clips on stairs into Carter Hotel lobby
- ol_styx: Fixed ladder going on rooftop near Vanguard lobby. Before you couldn't exit the ladder on the left side (falling down). Now you can exit it right and left landing either on the tunnel roof or the hospital roof
- ol_russia: Changed Juggernaut spawn positions in main bases behind the spawn point, giving the Juggernaut players some more protection when spawning
- ol_undersiege: Added vehicle clips on feet ship crane, where you could get stuck with vehicle and not get out
- ol_undersiege: Moved silos up in Stack building corner. Now you can run across the two conveyor belts without silos being in the way. Also fixes an issue where a player could get stuck
- ol_undersiege: Removed collision from boat rope attachments, making it smoother to run on the ropes and get on the boat deck
- Added look at points to all main base spawn points. Now players should be facing the ideal direction when spawned at all times
- Added a test version of ol_styx where all physical vehicles are prop_static (ol_styx_test)
- Updated loadout "done" buttons into "back" buttons
- Updated minimap overviews so the playable areas stand out more (made non-playable areas darker + added a red border on outline level)
- Updated the default_config, removed menu_2 and made "m" the default key to open up the "Use Team Commands" menu
- Updated Team commands, now only 1 menu instead of 2 (removed commands that weren't used)
- Updated Guide with "Spawn Points
- Updated Guide with "Juggernaut Health"
- Updated Guide with "Team Commands"
- Fixed light prop material not being black/white in Juggernaut vision (/materials/models/props_c17/light_domelight02_off.vmt)
- Fixed variation of "negative" team command not working
- Fixed knife multiple impact overlays on same spot showing image boundaries
Some of the bigger issues still to address for this next release are:
- Adding a hint system for certain actions
- Adding on screen icon overlays for spawn point locations + distance to them so people can find them more easily
- Add hint text when you become a Juggernaut and explain how to disable it if you want to
- Fix screen shake crash bug (still a mystery why this happens)
- Adding color to nicknames on the hud (death notification / vehicle loadout), so it's easier to know who killed who, or who is inside your vehicle
- Fixing more bugs found during closed beta...
- etc etc...
This update should address the bigger issues people were having trouble with and I hope we'll have it released somewhere this month.