This mod has been in development since 2007. Some major features are: Corpses of the fallen will now permanently stay, population caps have been increased, and new units. Each faction receives one hero unit, you can play with and against any faction, and there are Heroes, crazy stuff (like The Maus, Powell, zombies,...) can be activated or deactivated in the reward menu. It also contains an Infantry Only mode, Early war mode, No Pop-Cap mode, and Quick Start mode in the victory conditions. This mod is only for fun! If you are looking for complete realism, try another one.
This version drastically improve the AI and fix the bugs that have been reported. Thanks to everyone who have reported them. I still have not managed to fix the bug that prevent you to play as any faction on any side for the new steam version, but it still works in 2.602.
NHCmod version 2.700b
1) Execute and follow the instructions of the installer
2) Just Click on the shortcut created on your desktop to play the mod!
Optional: Download and install the NHCmod English-German speech Add-on: Moddb.com
It must be installed in your Company of Heroes folder too!
For the New steam version it is
for the 'normal' company of heroes should be in
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes patched to 2.602
or Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts patched to 2.602
or Company of Heroes : Tales of Valor patched to 2.602,
or Company of Heroes New Steam version.
EDIT: A hidden combiner for Eastern Front is installed with NHCmod v2.700b in your Company of Heroes folder as Combiner.bat. There is no guarantee that it works.
- Fix the bug that caused crashes when the Special forward barrack or Special Wehrmacht Quarters were destroyed in infantry only mode.
- Special forward barrack and Special Wehrmacht Quarters reduced from 2000 to 500.
- AI do not spam Rangers, Stormtroopers, Calliope, Priest, Hetzer, Pershing, Churchill, Fallschirmjager, Luftwaffe anymore.
- AI probability to build M24 Chaffee divided by 2.
- M24 Chaffee fuel price reduced from 60 to 50.
- Max speed of Sherman Tulip reduced from 5 to 4.5.
- Sherman Tulip acceleration reduced from 1.5 to 1.4.
- Sherman Tulip fuel cost increased from 105 to 130.
- Commonwealth pop boost cost reduced from 1100 manpower to 900 manpower.
- Burn damage per second inflicted to Wilhelm Deinhard increased from 12 to 20.
- Tiger Voss pop cost reduced from 14 to 5.
- Zombie pop cost set to 0.
- Artillery is more effective against Tigers and Maus.
- PE Mˆbelwagen accuracy reduced by 5%.
- Max Damage of the Shreck the third gun increased x3.
- Beute Bren and Schreck the Third pop cost set to 2.
- Beute Bren and Schreck the Third unavailablein Infantry only mode.
- Players can have at most 8 Fallschirmjager squads.
- M10 reinforcement disabled in Early War mode.
- Beute Bren MG upgrade fixed.
- Wirblewind reinforcement pop cost set to 5.
- Crusader AA weapon completely redone to be similar to the Wirblewind's weapon.
- NHC Test map is now in the map package.