A large-scale submod and total conversion for Thrawn's Revenge set during the Yuuzhan Vong War.
Balance changes, fixes, updated GC events and more.
This patch includes many fixes, balance changes and some new features for the recently released '25 ABY Pack' of the New Jedi Order Compilation Mod.
Thanks to all who contacted me with bugs or other errors. I'm pleased to say I haven't heard any reports of any crashes, but there are some minor issues that need addressing. In addition to fixes, I've made quite a few balance changes in response to the player feedback.
There is one Steam-related graphics issue I cannot fix - any suggestions or help much appreciated (see bottom for details).
Couldn't be simpler.
1. You need the '25 ABY Pack' installed first. Follow the instructions provided with the 25 ABY Pack to install that, making sure you have the right version of Thrawn's Revenge installed first.
2. Then just cut and paste the 'NJO' folder in this patch over your already installed 'NJO' mod folder, and click yes when asked if you want to override files. If you aren't asked if you want to replace files you aren't moving them to the right place.
1. Models originally taken from the z3r0x mod no longer appear as green in the Steam version of the game (see 'Steam - green textures patch' for simple instructions on how to fix this).
2. The Praetorite Vong now start with Da'Gara's worldship as a land structure (as the always should have done). This provides 30 population points in the Vector Prime GC. This makes this GC playable for the Vong!
3. New Dubrillion space map which keeps the aesthetic of having lots of asteroids, but now with clear paths through
4. Mediator locked in Dark Tide GC (the AI was cheating and building them - don't worry, you will get buildable Mediators in the next release).
5. Some missing and incorrect text added/amended
6. Imperial Customs Corvette now disappears when destroyed
7. Imperial ground buildings now spawn garrison units (though few in number as the Remnant is only a minor power, whose main focus is on naval strength).
8. Weird pink asteroids removed
9. Taspir and Muunilinst now actually get a credit boost from the Imperial Taxation Bureau
10. Rejuvenator task force build countdown text is now blue, not red, to match the NR faction colour
1. When Commander Rojo/the ISD-II Rejuvenator is built it arrives with a taskforce of 12 ships. The Majestic that could be built wherever Rojo was has been removed.
2. The Rejuvenator now has four untargetable AA batteries (one of its advancements over the standard ISD-II) which should help against Coralskippers.
3. Additional event text for the Vector Prime GC to aid the Praetorite Vong and New Republic players with some of the GC-specific stuff in that scenario.
4. The really nice new galaxy background model featured in the ICW 2.2 demo.
1. Decreased Coralskipper accuracy, speed and fire rate. It should be the best fighter in the game at this stage of the War, but it was too overpowered before.
2. I have also reduced Coralskipper fighter complements for all Vong capital ships (and their Coralskipper hangar defence station) so that you won't be swarmed by them in the same way.
3. The Vector Prime 'planet' now adds some population points (representing Vong forces entering the galaxy)
4. The time taken to complete negotiations with the Imperial Remnant in the Dark Tide GC has been increased to 300 seconds.
5. The build time for the 'Treaty Negotiations' in the Imperial Borderlands GC has been drastically decreased, but the build cost has been doubled.
6. Increased range for the Majestic, as it was in Thrawn's Revenge
7. Flim build cost increased
8. Major Tierce FOW reveal increased
9. Imperial Navy Trooper health slightly increased
10. Yo'Gand's Core squad no longer a starting unit. Has to be built. Added a current build limit of 1.
11. Higher build limit for Stormtroopers (limited because the Remnant has a small population from which to recruit).
12. The Bulwark has stronger shields
Because of the way Steam handles Shaders, some units, notably the Yuuzhan Vong infantry, and their landing transport analogue, both appear with white textures. Despite my best efforts to solve this I have not been able to. If anyone has a suggestion or a fix for this, please get in touch - as I have exhausted all the possible solutions I could think of.
Report any bugs to me on the Mod DB page: Moddb.com
Please see my full list of credits released with the '25 ABY Pack'. There are many, many modders to thank for the material included in this compilation mod. Not to mention Petroglyph and LucasArts for the original game, still being enjoyed (and sub-modded!) so many years later.