Mount and Musket Battalion is a multi-player total conversion that tries to accurately represent the time period around the end of the Napoleonic Wars (1812-1815). It has historical factions with accurate units and equipment, including different types of infantry, cavalry and even usable artillery.
This is the list of features we currently have, some of the plannned features are already in, but not all planned features.
Posted by lord_olafson on Nov 20th, 2010
New models and textures
- New hats, uniforms, backpacks....
- Highres textures
- Highres normalmaps
- New weapons
- Houses, walls, cannons, bridges, fireplaces, fences, trees...
- 4 lod stages for each model (so seamless lag free game play)
New Particle effects
-Muzzle flash for cannons, muskets, pistols, rifles
-Lag-free dense smoke
-Can destroy buildings, walls, trees, dummy's
- New class selection system, no more buying of weapons! You choose your regiment and then your rank.
- Ranks: ranker, sergeant, captain
- Factions: Prussia, France, united Kingdom
- New weapon stats
- You loose ammo in water
- Models for Napoleon, Wellington, Blucher
- New sounds, muskets, rifles, pistols, cannons, death screams/gurgles...
- New music (Napoleonic era)
- New maps
- New game mode: Conquest, works like the equivalent game mode of BF2
- Place able defences (chevaux-de-frise)
- Voice Commands
- Weather and time effects
- Mature community- Regular patches
- Dedicated developers
- Regular events
- Massive 250 player servers (as opposed to warbands normal 64)
- Naval Battles
- Musician classes
- New UI
- More maps
- More factions (Major European ones first)
- Real cannon usage (new animations for reloading, and firing, making them difficult, movable, aming up and down...)