Mount and Musket Battalion is a multi-player total conversion that tries to accurately represent the time period around the end of the Napoleonic Wars (1812-1815). It has historical factions with accurate units and equipment, including different types of infantry, cavalry and even usable artillery.
Hey there awesome community! With the big attention this mod is getting and the high player numbers people started to experience some lag... We never made the code ready for these huge player counts. That is why We release another hotfix. This hotfix is nothing special, We didn't add any features but just worked our asses off for better network performance.
Changes in this version:
- Rewrote complete musket Sound, Fire, Smoke codes, Resulting in 90% less network communication. and fixing lag.
- Redone most parts of the native Battle gamemode codes, Getting rid of unnecessary code, reducing loops and fixing a TW bug here and there.
- Redone conquest gamemode codes resulting in 60% less network communication and less lag both server and client.
- Replaced all native player loops with a dynamic loop, resulting in less function calls if using smaller servers and lower player numbers.
- Added 2 new conquest maps.
- Updated some maps.
- Fixed cannon hitboxes, Should hit like in real life now.
- Fixed cannon bounce, should now not stop the cannon from hitting you.
- Made cannonball fly twice as fast to make it look more realistic and make it less easy to avoid cannon fire.