Today I'm gonna do something unusual - post a news item about not having anything new. The reason for this halt in progress is two-fold: first, miscellaneous modding duties, second: partial burnout. The third reason could be real-life, but hopefully that goes without saying.
In September, I said I would "get back to LCW with replenished enthusiasm." So I thought, but that's not the case. I have a new mission assigned to me for Scroll of Atankharzim, and I'm not making good progress with it due to the burnout thing. Once I get it afloat, and nothing else interferes, I will get back to LCW.
Back in April, when development started, I set LCW's release date to 2011 December, but seeing the mod's status now (in mid-October), I assume this is not tenable anymore. New tentative release date: 2012 June.
Though there is no news, the list remains on display for those who haven't seen it in the previous news item.
- Mission 1: Mission 1 is in a really, really good shape. I don't expect to find anything wrong with it later. Mission length could be a bit longer, though.
- Mission 2: It's fine. Needs some balance refinement.
- Mission 3: The fighter-type (default) version is fine and ready to go. The bomber version needs to be made.
- Mission 4: The beginning of the mission may need some tweaks to make it more fun to play.
- Mission 5: I have some ships placed, but nothing else.
- Mission 6: Needs to be tested on all difficulty levels to make sure it plays out like it's supposed to.
- Mission 7: Not yet started.
- Mission 8: Everything is okay, apart from balancing. Currently the mission is self-play.
- Mission 9: Not yet started.
- Mission 10: Pretty satisfied with it.
- Mission 11: Per above: mostly done, needs some refinement and more messages.
- Mission 12: Not yet started.
- Mission 13: Not yet started.
I excluded the intro and the outro cutscenes from the list, as I don't consider them "missions." They will be FREDded later.
I'm inclined to cancel it, and put more effort in the campaign. Though this decision isn't definite.