REQUIRES PORTAL 2. A companion mod to the 7-part interview series at Rock Paper Shotgun that focuses on discussing level design and process. You could also call it an "interview mod," I guess. Or maybe it's one of those dreaded art mods? I'll let you decide how to label it, but given the choice, talking about the game rarely matters as much as playing it. So just play it. (This mod was sponsored by Rock Paper Shotgun; built and compiled by Robert Yang; contributors are Dan Pinchbeck, Jack Monahan, Magnar Jenssen, Brendon Chung, Davey Wreden, Ed Key, and Richard Perrin.)
*** HEY, DOWNLOAD v1.01 INSTEAD. THIS VERSION IS OBSOLETE.*** Unzip to \SourceMods\, restart Steam, etc. Use Windows for best results, though Portal 2 mods *can* work on OSX with some considerable massaging... we don't recommend that. (STILL NEED HELP? READ THE FULL DESCRIPTION...)
INSTALLATION (as of December 21st, 2011)
1) Download levelwithme.zip and unzip the folder to \Steam\SteamApps\Sourcemods\
(OSX users: drop the folder into something like "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Portal 2" instead.)
2) Install Portal 2 if you haven't, and run it at least once to generate some files.
3) Restart Steam.
4) Run "Level With Me" in your Steam games list.(OSX users: download and unzip this .app, and start the mod with this shortcut instead. Thanks to Don.Gato.)
- .BIK movie files might not play properly on OSX. Sorry.
- Weird workarounds are necessary for OSX users to even play this. Sorry.
- In general, I get the feeling that Portal 2 wasn't built to accommodate the Sourcemod folder format. It'll likely get phased out even further in the next big Portal 2 patch that adds integrated community map sharing and such. I will patch the release on ModDB accordingly when that time comes.