'Le Royaume des Ombres' is a full modification mod for Diablo 2 LoD. Mains features are : A whole new world to explore - New skills for all classes - Tons of news items to collect - Lot of Horadric formulaes - Advanced crafting system - New stats and skills systems - Avaible in French and English - And more...

Forum Thread
Le Royaume des Ombres 2.00 (Games : Diablo II: Lord of Destruction : Mods : Le Royaume des Ombres : Forum : Changelog : Le Royaume des Ombres 2.00) Locked
Thread Options
Xaphan67
Xaphan67 Mod Author
Oct 28 2013 Anchor

Version 2.00 :

Sound
* Added some new musics
* Modified some musics on areas that already had a new music

Items
* Modified some of the quest item pictures
* Ishar now sell a Crimping salvage kit that allow the player to unsocket items
* Potions and charms are now added to normal drops of monster instead of replacing thems

Monsters
* Increased base life of monsters at low levels
* Decreased Xp rewarded by monsters by 20%
* Increased number of monster in their groups by 1
* Monster's walk speed has been increased by 1
* Monster's run speed has been increased by 2
* Monster that have a power activating on their death have now a increased chance to use it (From 15% to 50% in normal, 25% to 75% in Nightmare and 33% to 100% in Hell)
* Monster's life have been randomised from 75% to 150% of the previous life value they had
* Added a new grade of monsters in the game : Veterans. They are more powerfull than normal monsters, but also way more rare. They reward the player with more loots. Veterans monsters have the following differences with normal monsters :
- +25% XP rewarded
- +25% defense
- +50% damage for first attack, and +75% damage from 2nd attack
- +75-150% life
- All speeds increased by 20% (Normal), 40% (Nightmare), or 60% (Hell)
- Reward always 2 items, at least magic quality.
* Increased challenge from Champions and Rares monsters. They now have the following differences from normal monsters (not including special affixes they have) :
- +75% XP rewarded
- +50% defense
- +100% damage for first attack and 2nd attack
- +225-300% life
- Pierce player fire, cold, lightning and poison resistances by 20% (Normal), 40% (Nightmare), or 60% (Hell)
- Reward always 4 items, at least magic quality.
* Increased challenge from Superuniques monsters. They now have the following differences from normal monsters (not including special affixes they have) :
- +150% XP rewarded
- +100% defense
- +150% damage for first attack and 2nd attack
- +375-450% life
- Pierce player fire, cold, lightning and poison resistances by 20% (Normal), 40% (Nightmare), or 60% (Hell)
- Reward always 6 items, at least magic quality.
* End act bosses use the sames values than superuniques monsters, but with more life (but less than what they have currently)
* Veteran, Champions, Rares and Superuniques monsters now apear in a different color, so you can quickly see thems
* Champions and rares monsters can now spawn on all maps, except the first and second ones and some really small ones
* Superuniques monsters now always spawn with 4 to 6 minions
* Minions now have a +150% life bonus instead of +100%
* Blood mana curse have been removed from succubus in act 1

World
* Players can talk to Klub in Ureh to enter act 2 when they have completed act 1
* Monsters can no longer spawn near map entrances in outdoors areas

Translation
* Corrected a typo on gold find string on english version* Corrected a typo on fire and cold thorns strings on english version

Skills

Assassin
* Deadly Knife : Knives no longuer pierce enemies

Ritualist
* Temporal rift : Decreased radius of this skill - Added an animation so the player can see the radius of the skill - Increased base mana cost to 30 - Added a recast timer of 2 seconds
* Wielder strike : This skill can no longer hit multiple time the targeted monster - This skill can no longer be assigned to left mouse button
* Spirit rift : This skill can no longer hit multiple time the targeted monster - This skill can no longer be assigned to left mouse button

Necromancer
* All death mastery skills can now be used while in vampire form

Sorceress
* Electric chain : This upgrade now correctly increase the number of bounces
* Teleport : Increased base mana cost to 30 - Added a recast timer of 2 seconds

Bug fixes
* Fixed a bug with that did not removed the upgrade slot on runewords when they where upgraded
* Fixed a display bug on quest screen once the act 1 quest 5 is done, and the player click on it's icon
* Fixed a random PtWarp error in Temple of the Triurne - Level 1
* Fixed a bug that caused a crash in Temple of the Triurne - Level 2
* Fixed a bug that displayed Altar of Fate tome text when the player used the Simin's journal. Altar of Fate tome have been removed from the game
* Fixed a bug that prevented some fallens shamans to ressurect the fallens
* Fixed a bug that prevented enemies spells to decrease players resistances

Please note :
- Any item found BEFORE upgrading to this version will not be upgradable anymore after you install this version, even if the upgrade slot wasen't used. The upgrade slot on theses items will still be showed but you won't be able to upgrade the item. Any item found AFTER upgrading to this version will work fine.

Edited by: Xaphan67

Oct 30 2013 Anchor

Man... The size of act2 zones, especially caves, are ridiculous, borderline sadistic. Been running with an assassin with +40% running speed somewhat around 4 kilometers and died to a spider gas bomb. Before i collect enough will power to run to my corpse at twice slower pace (i predict 7-8 minutes), i gonna finish an essay that is due till January, clean my room, wash dishes, smoke several ciggs and play some starcraft :D on more serious note, i think map size should be reduced by a factor of 2, maybe 3.

Xaphan67
Xaphan67 Mod Author
Oct 30 2013 Anchor

Hi,

Map sizes are always something very difficult to balance. Now, I used the same sizes as for act 1 for the outdoors areas of act 2, but, as you said it, caves may be a bit large. I was not sure what poeple would say so I keept it like that. Can you be more precise and say wich cave you found too big. I think the Xiansai cave is the one you talk about, but I want to be sure :)

Edited by: Xaphan67

Oct 30 2013 Anchor

Yes, that was the cave. It turned out that i died 10seconds away from exit of this cave, so luck was at its lowest while distance was maxed :)Just finished act 2 with assassin Deadly Knife/Venom/Transparency/Shadow master.It seemed to me that no runic scrolls dropped during my playthrough. While i knew that You are still working on uniques and sets, i was quite surprised that even Souls were not dropping either. Item progression seems ok (even found lvl3 gems). While i was plowing through first part of the map (all deserts) i met only one problematic enemy - champion flesh rippers ( very high dmg - in times they would slash off 300 Hp in one shot it seemed). Main headache was quantity of items: since i was rolling /player8 every single enemy pack (>10monsters) would mean screen being filled with potions, arrows, gray items and other stuff i dont use (some kind of potion filter would be nice, or even reduction of enemies). Last boss was ok i guess, but i think he lacked HP, because ive met way stronger bosses leading up to him. His damage was also kinda mediocre, and i even would say too low considering he replace Duriel (on the other hand, quad frozen orbs is an eye-candy :) )Bugs: Greiz crashes game. Skill shrine for some reason gives full fame bar. Assassin skill deadly knife started to miss enemies at the second part of act2, near boss it got really bad: only one in 4 or 5 knives would reach target ( its strange because i had enough attack rating to hit enemies at 95% chance even with basic attack). K, cant remember much more.Thx for act 2 :D

Xaphan67
Xaphan67 Mod Author
Oct 30 2013 Anchor

Thanks for the review ;)

Just for bugs :
Greiz bug is know and already fixed on my side :) It will be fixed in the following update. That's my own faut I totally forgot to do his dialogue, so it crash :)
Skill shrine bug is probably related to fame. But that's strange that he give you a full bar while it should be make your bar empty.
Death Knife has been corrected it this patch ; it dosen't pierce enemies now, but it should always hit. I don't see how it can stop to hit during the game :s

Oct 31 2013 Anchor

Fame-skill shrine bug occured somewhere around 37-38 level. Before that, yes, fame bar would go empty.As for Knife skill, i have a feeling that it is somehow faster cast rate related but im not sure. Check it for yourself Speedy.sh

Will charms (like in diablo2:lod vanilla) make a comeback somewhere along the way of development?

Replayed mod as a Paladin. Skill Chilling Victory doesnt show damage and i THINK there are some faulty calculations involved...Skill Vitrue Strike behaves like Wielder Strike used to - closer enemies are hit multiple times per single cast. Fire enchanted bosses seems to do insane damage upon death (3,5k life + 20% damage resist + ~250 damage reduction + 3,5k armor + 75i;re resist = instant death). Steel Gothic Shield blacksmithing recipe (the one that requires 100 smithing points) applied with basic ingredients (to create normal quality (grey) shield for runeword) 5 times in a row created shield with 6 open sockets. It might be my unluckiness but i strongly believe it may be a bug. Also, can u provide clarification as to how do NPCs decide what recipes to sell: i have around 150 smithing points, but i can only buy recipes that require no more than 100 points. Orbs of alteration and transmutation seems to be redundant mainly because that "40% of character's level" handicap. General thoughts about Paladin: i was struggling very badly from around 10 to 35 level. I was mainly using Chilling Victory skill with 4 enchantments (running speed, attack and damage bonus depending on a number of enchantments active, bonus magic damage, damage reduction). Was already beginning to give up on this build when i put one spare point into Vitrue Strike... and boy was it worth it. Basically switching from Chilling Victory to Vitrue Strike took Paladin from one of the worst characters to the very best. I know that Vitrue Strike is bugged (as was Wielder Strike), but please dont nerf it too much :) Also, Bes Tes Hammer skill feels very weak, however i have no idea how to buff it... maybe additional synergy... or base damage increase... Missed minions and mana regeneration skills. I think adding one or both would make Mage-Paladin strain viable because as of now - melee paladin is the only way to go. Thanks for attention :)

Hello.One thing has been bugging me. Many of the melee skills tend to ignore damage bonus from "Spiny shell" artifact put in a shield - i've tested it with warrior, guardian and necromancer. All the subjects bore same result - melee skills that add some kind of damage (Chilling Victory , Destructive Storm) takes no damage bonus from additional damage supplied by Spiny Shell in shield. On the other hand, skills that add PERCENTAGE of physical damage benefit from the Spiny Shell relics (Feast, Sacrifice, Fury). I've heard in one of your replies that additional damage from shield not showing up in character screen was and IS diablo vanilla bug. My question is, will u let this vanilla bug be a part of your mod bug too? Translation errors: Mystic artifacts - Leafsong, Touch of the fool and Pale moon have errors in the ingredient section: Parchemin de chance, Parchemin de talent, Parchemin d'endurance are not translated from french :) Medaillon is not a word that can be found in English either.There is a bug (i've seen it only on class-specific items) that neglects Path level requirements... How is this item for a lvl1 barbarian :D User Posted ImagePS.: god damned moddb wont let me create new post :/

Edited by: Decis

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.