Version 3.01 - This file allow you to update the mod from any previous versions to 3.01. You need at least version 3.00 to be able to install this version...
Welcome in Le Royaume des Ombres !
Le Royaume des Ombres (also know as The Realm of Shadows) is a mod changing a majority of elements of the original game. It works with version 1.10 of the game, but it is possible to run it regardless of your version. The mod immerses you in a new world, full of new monsters, items, quests, dungeons, etc ... and even another story!
You can visit this world in the guise of seven different classes: Warrior, Guardian, Assassin, Hunteress, Ritualist, Necromancer or Sorceress. Each of these classes have unique and varied talents. The mod has been designed to offer an adventure on average twice as long as the original game. You will also pass into new regions based on the world of Diablo III, and will be taken to overcome terrible opponents. In addition to changing what is already existing in the original game, Le Royaume des Ombres offers new possibilities to the player, as new items, places or features that do not exist in the original game.
Le Royaume des Ombres is a total modification from the original game, whose aim is to bring you a new gaming experience
In a few figures, Le Royaume des Ombres is:
- More than 2000 items.
- 33 sets, dozens of unique items and hundreds of runewords.
- Lots of other diverse and varied collectible items.
- A complete but comprehensive crafting system.
- 2 masteries, 44 specialties, 17 active and 17 passive skills per class, and others available in new ways.
- Thousands of formulas through the Horadric Cube.
- More than 200 places to visit, divided into five acts, each including several towns.
- New monsters to overcome, existing in four power levels.
- And much more ...
Check the full feature list on this link.
Please note : The mod need D2SE to be used. If you do not have it installed, you can download it here.
Because this mod use D2SE, it work on any version, and saves are stored separated from other mods.
To play in french, choose MOD from the D2SE main screen drop-down list, and choose ENG to play in english.
Note : A read-me is included to help you install the mod or solve some issues.
You can now download version 3.01 of the mod.
The main features of this version are :
- A new weapon : the Flail
- News set items
- News souls
- Changes to magic find and gold find system
- Less time in your inventory, more time for fight !
- Minions-based builds improved
- Improvements to act 2 maps
* Added a new border around various elements of the UI such as dialogue boxes, menus and some others ones
* Added a new border around the selected character on character selection screen
* Fixed the 'hitbox' of the mouse cursor
* Added a new type of weapon : the flail
* Added 10 new runewords for flails
* Added 9 news sets
* Superuniques monsters in act 3 now drop their souls
* Glyphs have been removed from the game
* Sigils can now be used both on weapons and armors
* Runic scroll now display the act they are linked to in their description
* Description of all salvage kits have been rewrited
* Description of reagents have been rewrited
* Improved descriptions of all plans to help the player finding the requiered items
* Experts salvage kits now directly give refined materials when used on a rare item
* Removed all life and mana potions tiers and added a single tier that heal for 75% life or mana in 10 seconds
* Decreased chance to loot monsters charms from all monsters
* Decreased chance to loot a misc item from all monsters from 5% to 3%
* Decreased chance to loot a potion from all monsters from 5% to 3%
* All runics scrolls now have an equal chance to drop
* Added a new magic propertie on caster armors casting a protective shield when hit
* Magic find and gold find properties cannot appear on magic and rares items anymore
* Decreased values of lifesteal and manasteal properties that can apear on all items
* Decreased values of magic find, gold find, lifesteal and manasteal on runes and gems
* Highly decreased values of magic find and gold find on sets and unique items, as well as on runewords
* Increased effectiveness of lifesteal and manasteal
* Removed reagents that grant magic find and gold find
* Magic and rares item droped in first area can now spawn with other bonus than the light radius one
* The following magic properties now apear on caster armors instead of caster weapons :
- Increases minions armor
- Increases minions life
- Increases minions fire resistance
- Increases minions cold resistance
- Increases minions lightning resistance
- Increases minions poison resistance
- Increases minions maximum fire resistance
- Increases minions maximum cold resistance
- Increases minions maximum lightning resistance
- Increases minions maximum poison resistance
* The following magic properties can now apear on both caster weapons and armors instead of weapons only :
- Increases curses lenght
- Increases protections size
- Increases enchantments lenght
- Increases healing spells efficacity
- Increases duration of cold spells
- Increases hex efficacity
* Increased duration of all crafted potions to 20 minutes
* Increased the bonus of some crafted potions
* Decreased bonus of magic find and gold find potions
* Monsters charms can now be combined using multiple parts at once
* Relics can now be combined using multiple parts at once
* Added variation of 5 outdoor maps in act 2
* Added 2 news optionnal areas in act 2
* Added 2 news superunique bosses in act 2
* Removed monsters shrines
* Removed all Maila Arrow-mane's resistances
* Decreased Xp rewarded by monsters of level 2 to 10
* Increased Xp rewarded by monsters by 20%
* Sand huntress and Pain worms : Magic wave they release no longer also deal 100% of the monster normal physical attack
* Adjusted act boss monsters to reduce frustration of the fights:
- Reduced chance to proc his poison spell from 10% to 2%
- Removed his tower spell.
- Added a new spell (2% chance to proc) hardly avoidable but dealing little damage
- Reduced numbers of imps spawned when the boss die
Act 2 :
- Reduced chance to proc his cold spell from 10% to 5%
- Reduced chance to summon allies from 5% to 2%
- Reduced chance for allies to cast their shield from 20% to 10%
Act 3 :
- Reduced chance to teleport from 20% to 10%
- Room has been redisgned to minimise the chances the boss can be stuck
* All summoned monsters now have 25% chance to dodge attacks
* Path of victory : Max level is now 75. Each level give + 1% gold find and 1% magic find. Gear level is not increased at each level anymore, but at certains levels
* Survivor : Increased vitality bonus from 5% to 15% per level
* Energizing : Increased intelligence bonus from 5% to 15% per level
* Blood rage : Decreased life steal to 1% per level
* Ether rage : Decreased mana steal to 1% per level
* Valkyrie : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Wild call : Increased base life to 200 - Increased base defense to 150
* Grizzly : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Song of the panther : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Fire elemental : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Ancestral horn : Increased base life to 200 - Increased base defense to 150
* Necroskeletons : Increased base life to 200 - Increased base defense to 150
* Ghost : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Zombies : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Mummy : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Blood golem : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Bats : Increased base life to 200 - Increased base defense to 150
* Spirit of salvation : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Spirit of glory : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Spirit of displacement : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Shadow master : Increased base life to 500 - Increased base defense to 300
* Fixed name of the 'Rune of the lightning' in the english version
* Fixed all occurence of 'Triune' in the english version
* Fixed Zayl's set items names in the english version
* Fixed the name of Dry Lands when howering a name that lead to this area
* Fixed some typos in items properties descriptions
* Fixed a bug preventing act 3 final boss to be at the intended level
* Fixed the name displayed on runics scrolls for some runewords
* Fixed a bug preventing the player to increase it's Path of victory skill above level 40
* Fixed a bug preventing some magic properties to appear on magic and rares items
* Fixed a bug preventing the hireling to be equiped once resurected
* Fixed a bug preventing both masteries to work together when playing as a Warrior
* Fixed a bug preventing mojos to be visible on character when equiped
* Fixed a bug preventing minions to spawn with some superuniques bosses in act 3
Note : Before you update, please take note of the following :
- Glyphs are removed from the game. Make sure you don't have any in your stash as well as on your character before upgdating, else your character will be corrupted. If you used one or more glyphs on your armor, you do not need to worry about it. To be safe, make a save of your character before updating.
- All potions will be converted. You do not need to sell thems.
- All plans your currently have will NOT have an improved description, but any plans found or buyed after this update will. The plans you currently have WILL work, and if you use thems the description will be added to thems. The same is true for salvage kits.
- Any items you have with lifesteal, manasteal, magic find and gold find will not be altered.
- Your gear level will be lowered because of the modifications done to the Path of Victory skill. You may be able to not wear some items untill you put more points in the skill.