Version 4.01 - This file allow you to update the mod from any previous versions to 4.01. You need at least version 4.00 to be able to install this version...
Welcome in Le Royaume des Ombres !
Le Royaume des Ombres (also know as The Realm of Shadows) is a mod changing a majority of elements of the original game. It works with version 1.10 of the game, but it is possible to run it regardless of your version. The mod immerses you in a new world, full of new monsters, items, quests, dungeons, etc ... and even another story!
You can visit this world in the guise of seven different classes: Warrior, Guardian, Assassin, Hunteress, Ritualist, Necromancer or Sorceress. Each of these classes have unique and varied talents. The mod has been designed to offer an adventure on average twice as long as the original game. You will also pass into new regions based on the world of Diablo III, and will be taken to overcome terrible opponents. In addition to changing what is already existing in the original game, Le Royaume des Ombres offers new possibilities to the player, as new items, places or features that do not exist in the original game.
Le Royaume des Ombres is a total modification from the original game, whose aim is to bring you a new gaming experience
In a few figures, Le Royaume des Ombres is:
- More than 2000 items.
- 33 sets, dozens of unique items and hundreds of runewords.
- Lots of other diverse and varied collectible items.
- A complete but comprehensive crafting system.
- 2 masteries, 44 specialties, 17 active and 17 passive skills per class, and others available in new ways.
- Thousands of formulas through the Horadric Cube.
- More than 200 places to visit, divided into five acts, each including several towns.
- New monsters to overcome, existing in four power levels.
- And much more ...
Check the full feature list on this link.
Please note : The mod need D2SE to be used. If you do not have it installed, you can download it here.
Because this mod use D2SE, it work on any version, and saves are stored separated from other mods.
To play in french, choose FRA from the D2SE main screen drop-down list, and choose ENG to play in english.
Note : A read-me is included to help you install the mod or solve some issues.
You can now download version 4.01 of the mod.
The main features of this version are :
1. Introduction of unique items
2. Removal of life and mana steal, replaced by life and mana per hit
3. Monsters charms rebalance
* Runes no longer give any stats when socketed (But are still used to make runewords)
* Monsters charms have been rebalanced
* Pool of possible bonuses when completing a monster charm has been rebalanced
* Added 195 unique items (15 for each type of weapons)
* Superuniques uniques items have been rebalanced to all have 7 magic properties
* All unique items (including superunique ones) can now spawn with 1 or 2 sockets. Amulets spawn with 1 socket
* All set items can now spawn with 1 or 2 sockets. Amulets spawn with 1 socket
* Unique and set items now have a small icon above thems while on the ground. The icon represent the type of item and has the color of it's quality
* '+x% to attack ratting' propertie values has been heavyly lowered
* '+X element damage absorbed' properties values has been heavyly lowered
* Lifesteal and manasteal properties have been removed from the game
* Stamina related properties no longer spawn on magic/rares items
* Properties that add only to minimum or maximum damage to a specific element have beeen removed from the game
* Properties that add elemental damage have been removed from the game
* All properties that scaled based on character level has been removed from the game
* Added two new properties : Life per hit and mana per hit. These properties work with both attacks and skills that deal weapon damage. They spawn on all weapons (except caster weapons) as well as gloves (except caster gloves)
* Enchanted items and reagents have been removed from the game
* Life and mana regeneration properties can now spawn on casters weapons
* Life per kill propertie can now have higher rolls
* The 'Faster hit recovery' propertie can now spawn on all types of armors instead of only medium armor type and heavy/light boots
* Many sets (6 per type of armor, 18 total) now add hit recovery as a set bonus instead of an other bonus
* The following items drops are now affected by the /player command again :
- Set plans
- Runic scrolls
- Mystic formulas
- Class runes
- Crafting materials
- Monsters charms
* Salvage kits now also display the result when salvaging unique items
* Sockets rings are now more visible on items
* Starting video's no longer play when starting the mod using Glide
* Greatly increased monsters defense (up to x3)
* Adjusted Mephisto and Diablo AI so they are more aggressive
* Fire enchanted monsters no longer have +75% fire resistance
* Cold enchanted monsters no longer have a bonus of +75% cold resistance
* Lightning enchanted monsters no longer have a bonus of +75% lightning resistance
* Poison enchanted monsters no longer have a bonus of +75% poison resistance
* Mana burn monsters no longer have a bonus of +20% magic resistance
* Spectral hit monsters no longer have a bonus of +20% fire, cold and lightning resistance
* Stoneskin monsters no longer have a bonus of +50% physical resistance
* General caster skills : Now deal 100% weapon damage again. Reduced bonus damage
* Blood rage : Now grant 5 life per hit per level
* Ether rage : Now grant 1 mana per hit per level - Decreased mana regeneration malus to -5% per level
* War Treasure : This skill is now a buff and increase magic find while active
* Attack of the moon : This skill is no longer a charge-up skill and now give life per hit instead of leech
* Lunar accuracy : This skill now add mana per hit to Attack of the moon as well as increased hit chances
* Blood drinker : Fixed an issue preventing this skill to work
* Iron maiden : Fixed an issue preventing this skill to work
* Bloody feast : This skill now give life per hit while in vampire form
* Soul reaping : This skill now give mana per hit while near the ghost
* Fixed a bug allowing items created with subtle essences to sometimes spawn as magic or rare instead of normal quality
* Fixed a bug crashing the game when using the 'Song of the panther' skill
* Fixed a bug allowing wrong sounds to be played
* Fixed a display issue showing fire skills to be increased when an item got the +X to light/cold/poison/magic skills in addition to the correct propertie
* Fixed a bug adding '+50% damage vs undeads' to all shields
* Fixed a bug allowing some monster charms to be socketed in unintended items, as well as preventing some to be socketed in intended items
- Names of your unique items may have changed after updating. This is only a display issue, and has no incidence on the game.
- Delete every enchanted items as well as reagents from your characters and your stash before updating, else your characters won't be compatible.
Latest tweets from @xaphan67
@Chris_fpsb Le mieux est encore d'en discuter par MP sur The Phrozen Keep :)
Oct 16 2014, 1:09pm
News shrines comming soon ! T.co
Oct 14 2014, 11:42am
There was a small break in the mod developement (No, not holidays...), but I will be working back on it soon !
Aug 1 2014, 1:21pm
Version 4.01 will be released today ! Currently uploading...
Jul 17 2014, 12:55pm
Discover the changes included in version 4.01 later today on ModDB !
Jul 14 2014, 7:39pm
@Kanonkessen Dommage, D2 tourne à 25 fps... ;)
Jul 7 2014, 12:31pm
Version 4.01 is in testing stage and will be out soon ! #ModDiablo2
Jul 7 2014, 9:52am