Kane's Wrath Unofficial Big Bang Patch 1.04 is a mod that adds few new things and tries to balances the game a bit more from my and the community ideas while at the same time also tries to save the most import ingredient at bay: The "fun".

Forum Thread
Poll: What model to use for the Reapers? (15 votes)
Need your opinion 11 (Reapers) (Games : Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath : Mods : Kane's Wrath Unofficial Big Bang Patch 1.04 : Forum : Polls : Need your opinion 11 (Reapers)) Locked
Thread Options
egozi44
egozi44 ~The Moding Otaku~
Feb 7 2016 Anchor

post 90 1271368163

So now that the Reapers are in the game I want to know what model you prefer I use for them?

Since I'm not going to give them any upgrades I want to know what look best in your opinion

Should I keep the sub objects? should I remove them?

So far two people told me they look best without the Obelisk sub object But while still keeping the hand sub-object

I personally love them with the Obelisk thingy, and looking on old Westwood's footage from TS, it seem that EALA (or whoever worked on C&C4 aka TT) didn't just added that Obelisk out of some mania:

Old Reaper design

CyborgReaper

CNCFS Cyborg Reaper Render

nod cyborg reaper by swirekster

nod cyborg reaper in color by ca

The Brotherhood Of Nod Cyborg Re

TT's Reaper design

post 90 1271368163

post 90 1271368171

finel

So you can see there are reason behind that design at least to some degree (As I sure old TS fans was already aware of)

Untitled 12

So keep that in mind while you make your decision ; )

Options:

1. With obelisk and hand sub-objects

2. Without Sub objects

I also tried to make them to only have the hands sub object but failed, and that was the result :P

So if any 3D artist want me to use unregistered option 3, please help me out in fix it~

Let me know if I should make that obelisk in their back as a weapon in case you will choose option 1

Edited by: egozi44

Feb 7 2016 Anchor

Personally, I prefer it with the back sub-object, not only because of the classic FS Reapers but it looks more imposing with it on to me.

egozi44
Feb 7 2016 Anchor
ErastusMercy wrote:

Personally, I prefer it with the back sub-object, not only because of the classic FS Reapers but it looks more imposing with it on to me.

Same here, I think the sub object look cool enough to be kept, but some people perfer it without them since in their opinion it look more like FS reaper

Feb 8 2016 Anchor

I really loved the CnC4 Reaper design, very intimidating and terrorizing, though if you manage to find a 3D modeller you may want to put two laser cannons on the Reaper instead of one on its right and a "useless" hand on its left. Knowing the unit only comes out of a support power that costs 4500, it's a pretty fair trade for me

egozi44
Feb 8 2016 Anchor

If people would like the obelisk to stay, I can try add to it beam cannon lazer in which the obelisks mix the beams if they detect another Reaper nearby, the main issue will be to balance it.

To be honest I planned to make the reapers to shoot the beam cannon laser (just in smaller range) to begin with but the beam ability ruin the attacking animation and I didn't was able to fix it, look at gdi wolverine file I think I finally found a way that may work but I already changed the laser xD

If I will add it to the obelisk however it won't need any animations and will act like a turret

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.