A substantial update for Insurgency 2.x (the current version available on Steam) is ready to be deployed. Please find the detailed changelog below. This update addresses many important issues and provides updated versions of some of the most popular maps.
Other maps (not mentioned below) are also being updated with your feedback, so you can expect new patches for them very soon.
Since INS is only available through Steam there's no need to keep the old version numbers. Therefore, you won't find "Insurgency 2.2" or "2.1 final". However, we will refer to the current public branch and its updates with the name "Insurgency Beta 2.x" to differentiate it from Insurgency Beta 3.0 (based on the Orange Box engine and currently under development).
This update will be automatically downloaded and installed by Steam in the following days. Enjoy the battle!
General updates and fixes:
- Updated Client/Server Version Control
- Adjusted gameinfo.txt support for Hammer
- Fix for spectator GUI bug
- Fixed ins_minefield
- Fixed the ins_trigger team option and also added a setteam input
- Fixed ins_tkremove
- Set game name in Server Browser "insurgency"
- Fixed invalid/empty player name entries
- Sprint multi-key exploit fixed
- Further anticheat fixes - addressing several reported exploits
- Optimised mp_fadetoblack
- Entities now reset properly on round restart
- Objectives in overhead map are now shown correctly
- Fixed Battle Mode scoreboard
- Fixed a crash when showing the minimap (M) on startup.
- rcon say command implemented
- Fixed an issue that caused the message for choosing commander to always stay on the screen
- Fixed other minor glitches and bugs
- Objective A has been adjusted
- Obstacles between the Mosque, the main street and the first USMC spawn were added to slow down the Insurgents on the way to A
- Added a barrier (fences) that is removed after capturing A to force USMC players into the right direction
- The entrance towards the "washing machine room" has been altered to provide more intense firefight
- Other small fixes and layout changes based on the map feedback threads
- Fixed all exploits and bugs reported since RC1
- The sideroad route between USMC spawn and B has been altered
- Added an alternate path between Bravo and Charlie
- Improved penetration for wired fences
- Improved graphics, brushwork and performance
- Fixed scafolding model bullet penetration issue
- Various small fixes based on the map feedback thread
- Layout changes to the central cave, more cover to leave the Insurgents' spawn
- New spawn exit for INS' last objective
- Improved USMC spawn exit
- Some layout changes
- Added changes and improvements from ins_samawah
- Improved volume for various player sounds such as breathing and footsteps
- Added Supersonic bullet snaps when a bullet flies past the player
- Improved reload and fire sounds for several weapons
- Optimized some background ambient sounds
- Improved performance impact of vehicle models
Notice for server admins: please make sure your servers are set to auto update with the -autoupdate option to make sure they automatically update to the latest version. This will help prevent connection errors from updated clients that are likely to happen during the first hours after the update.
Please visit the official site of Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat to get the full story!