The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.

Gothic 2 - Requiem features a whole new weapon skill system, new forging system, new quests, new characters, new textures, new weapons and armor, improved AI, new & tweaked monsters and much much more!

Forum Thread
Install of the mod (BETAversion 14.04.2016) (Games : Gothic II - The Night of the Raven : Mods : Gothic 2 - Requiem : Forum : Discussion Megathread : Install of the mod (BETAversion 14.04.2016)) Locked
Thread Options
May 10 2016 Anchor

hello guys!

SOLVED. description on the end of the first post (mine)

I run Windows 7 32bit with Service Pack 1, german version of the game (not GoG, but the old original + NOTR)

First, i had to learn, that one needs a downloader for mega, i didn't know that before. never heard about mega before. nice thing!

What happens after starting a new game:
- Intros are playing, loading-screen reappears, and when loading has finished, sends me back to desktop, no error-report or something like that, simply back to desktop.
What falls into the eyes is this little brown bar in the middle of the lower end of the loading screen after the intro videos.

what i did:

- Followed the instructions:
1) made a fresh install of Gothic II
2) patched to 2.6, installed the playerkit and fixed with the 2.6rev
3) installed all Visual C++ from 2005 to 2015 x86 (simply used the file from the softwarefolder from the download here and updated from
microsoft homepage (was the same. 2015 is the actual file)
(the game works, tried without mods, it works fine)
4) System, Data and _work folders copied into the Gothic II directory
5) made the changes in gothic.ini
6) i did NOT delete the vdfs files, but i'll try this next...
edit: now i deleted them und the same problem occurs. besides: the "Instructions" says, to delete "Vdfs32e.dll, Vdfs32e.exe and Vdfs32g.exe" but there are only "Vdfs32e.dll.gsp, Vdfs32e.exe.gsp and Vdfs32g.exe.gsp" and 2 other similar files. I just mentioned this, because i don't know, what the difference between those filenames+formats means.
7) downloaded the 4 zips from mega and copied the 3 main-folders (without the music-folder) in the GothicII/Data-directory.

- started AST.exe as admin

it seems that the D3D-Renderer has nothig to do with it, because the same thing happens with and without the renderer.

i also used the DXSetup in the DirectX_SDK-folder and started afterwards again the ast.exe, but the same happened again. back to desktop and nothing.

solution:

on my first try i copied the 3 downloaded FOLDERS ( instead of just the FILES in it into my Data folder of gothic II. after deleting the 3 "Requiem_Misc", "Requiem_Textures" and "Requiem_core" folders out of my data folder and inserting instead the 3 files, which have the same names as their folders, it works!

Edited by: Zocker01

May 11 2016 Anchor

I'm stealing this from you, do you mind? Some other people have this issue and never managed to fix it.

May 12 2016 Anchor

no problem vic7im, I'm glad, that this can help others! such a great mod. would be a pity, if one can't play it (except if it prohibits him/her from doing homework^^).

i opened up your "paths" file with the sourcer and read, what's in there... i opened up my data folder and looked at it.... what's inside.... the upcoming thought was: "All other .vdf files are in here, and not in subfolders.... maybe i should drop the 3 files also here.." and BOOM! it worked! ^_^

from your "Instructions" file:
"STEP SIX - Download the 3 main files from the MEGA links given and paste them in the Gothic II Data folder (the same where you put the Systempack)"

yeah, the FILES... so the description given, was right. for the next version i recommend to describe this more detailed (only mention this mistake), if you already say, that many people forget about this^^

what confused me, was the note in brackets. I don't "put" a systempack anywhere. the downloaded systempack for gothic II only asks, where the gothic II folder is. but right now i looked it up: the install of systempack in facts DOES "put" a SystemPack.vdf-file in the data-folder!
so the manual was right again, and i didn't recognize it.

hope someone else will learn from my misunderstandings here! ;-D

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.