GMod is a Sandbox Modification. Using GMod you can pose ragdolls. This means can position people from HL2/CS/DoD and change their faces. A big comic book creating community has popped up around this feature. Using GMod you can build. Take props from HL2/CS/DoD and weld them together to make walls. Axis a wheel to it to create a working car. Rope some cans to the back. A big contraption creating community has popped up around GMod - creating such things as Rube Goldberg devices, catapults, cannons, bridges etc.. Using GMod you can make your own weapons. That's right, make your own weapons. Using Lua you can create a custom weapon to do just about anything. If you're new you can change simple things like rate of fire, models, sounds. If you're awesome the world is your oyster, mass changing guns, melon cannons, jetpacks. GMod gives you the freedom to do any of these things in single player or online with your friends.
Garry's mod v4 has been released. This new version adds a camera with depth of field blur, an air cannister gun as well as a number of fixes. The images above have not been touched with any image processing application. The blur is switched on and off in game. Here's the changelog: Added simple
Posted by garry on Jan 5th, 2005
Garry's mod v4 has been released. This new version adds a camera with depth of field blur, an air cannister gun as well as a number of fixes.
The images above have not been touched with any image processing application. The blur is switched on and off in game.
Here's the changelog:
- Added simple camera (for taking screenshots)
- Added cannisters (used to propel objects)
- Added fake depth blur (USE when holding the simple camera to cycle on/off)
- Added ability to rotate picked up objects by holding down USE (This is all thanks to Adnan, Skew.telefragged.com ).
- Fixed world ropes coming undone after saving
- Added rigid rope to crossbow (USE to change types)
- Sprites now update the refract texture - Don't know if Valve left it out on purpose or whether it was an oversight.
- Fixed jeep pausing bug
- Moved 357 HUD camera to the left of the screen
- Fixed crash when trying to grab 3D skybox with the gravity gun (should fix other crashes too)
- Activated multiplayer menu - multiplayer is uncomplete and unsupported. Use at your own risk. It's easy to crash - so only play with people who aren't idiots.
You can download garry's mod over at the official site.