The Full Combat Rebalance mod is, so far, the biggest modification created for The Witcher. The combat mechanics have been remade almost from the scratch. The aim was to maximize the realism of the gameplay, this way making it more similar to the world created by Andrzej Sapkowski and maintaining the gameplay to the highest possible standard at the same time. The fights have became more brutal, they need more tactics and strategy, but on the other hand the combat system rules have become more logical. We warmly encourage you to test the modification on your own – and experience a completely new game!
Hopefully, the final version of the biggest modification created for The Witcher.
- Fixed an entry about echinopsae in bestiary. Savegames with already added entry will have duplicated archespore description. In other cases echinopsae entry won't be added to bestiary.
- Fixed an issue with archespores not spawning in quest "A long way from home" in Act 2. Savegames with the quest already started won't be affected by the fix. Concerns only mod installations with Limited monsters feature.
- Made archespore rootstocks more common. It makes completing archespore contract in Act 2 easier. In case of further problems, keep in mind that this contract can also be completed in Act 3.
- Every witcher has now vertical eye pupils (previously, only Geralt had them).
- Geralt now always sees in the dark, even without the aid of potions. It is a skill typical of witchers.
- Fisheye effect has been removed from night vision ability.
- Since night vision is now a free witcher ability, Cat potion effect has been changed to that of De Vries' Extract.
- Reduced the amount of bronze talents recieved every 8th experience level.
- Added symbolic rewards in form of bronze talents for leveling above level 40.
- Headhunter moves much faster and knows witcher sword styles.
- Increased damage reduction values for armored opponents and increased Fast Style armor penetration. The resulting damage vs armor hasn't changed much but now using Fast Style on armored opponents is more beneficial.
- Difficulty is now scaled using 6 difficulty levels divided in 2 packages chosen during mod installation.
- Inactive skill icons have been recolored to indicate what talent they cost.
- Icons in skill trees have been switched accordingly to new talent functions.
- Active dodge defence bonus increased to 100%.- Higher vampires now move 100% faster in combat.
- Added tooltip popup that informs about working FCR modification.- Enemy mages now heal their allies.
- Fixed a bug that decreased damage done by enemies equipped with swords.
- The critical effect of Bleeding triggers an animation of Pain. This fixes an exploit in combat mechanics.
- Rebalanced experience rewards for defeating enemies in combat.
- Camera is no longer zoomed to FPP perspective by default.- Decreased Group Style defence bonuses.
- Each level of Stamina skill gives 10 bonus points to maximum Vitality. Previously Stamina granted too few Vitality Points at the beggining of the game and too much near the end.
- Significantly decreased the duration of critical effects caused by bombs.
- Stun effect caused by Samum no longer allows performing finisher on opponent. Critical effects from bombs ignore enemy resistances and thus Samum allowed for careless execution of bosses.
- Increased the chance of being poisoned by monsters.
- Fixed an error in the description of "Echoes of Yesterday" quest phase.
- Fixed a typo when putting a sephirah into an obelisk and during one of Grand Master visions.
- Echinopsae are now also called archespore, becoming another variant of the same enemy. This makes the game closer to the lore.
- Harder monsters option was made available during mod installation. It increases monster's level by 25% and thus increase their hit points.
- Various adjustments made to monster behaviour. Now some weaker monster will be afraid of stronger ones, other will ignore player until being attacked.
- Most monsters will be roaming the map once we enter location. Monsters won't appear before you comming out of solid stone floor.
- Significantly reduced monster respawn rate in Fewer monsters option available during mod installation. Most monsters will not respawn anymore - you won't be bothered by hundreds of drowners at the swamp.
- Changed the amount of enemies in various encounters. Some monsters will travel in packs, other are loners.
- New main menu music available to select during mod installation. Track name "Trial of Herbs" by Marcin Przybyłowicz, taken from bonus CD "Music Inspired by The Game".
- Stun and Trip upgrades of Strength (level 4) have been removed. Game's random number generator triggered critical effects very often even when set to 1% chance.
- Some monster models have been slightly scaled up to make them more intimidating.
- Berengar is using silver sword against monsters in Act IV.
- Restored nightwraiths in Act IV. For some reason nightwraiths are missing in vanilla version of the game.
- Removed creatures display names in minimalistic interface option.
- Ornitosaurs buffed to the level of graveirs and cemetaurs. Grown wyverns are often mistaken for dragons. They are huge and fierce predators, so they shouldn't be such a pushovers in the game.
- New combat scenarios in monster encounters. Some monsters changed their original places.
- Damage bonus from 4th level of Strong Styles has been decreased by 1 point.
- Damage bonus from 5th level of Strong Styles has been decreased by 4 points.
- Damage bonus from Aggression talent has been decreased by 2 point.
- Decreased the damage of swords which can be found in Chapter 4, 5 and 6.
- As a mild hallucinogen White Gull potion now allows entering meditation state.
- Vampires prefer surprise attacks. They will not announce their arrival with scream and snarl anymore.
- Silver damage bonus on monsters decreased to 5 in "Harder monsters" option meant for limited monster occurance feature.
- Decreased the accuracy of enemies in Prologue.
- Decreased the accuracy of mutants in encounter preciding the final boss battle.
- Vampires, wraiths and higher necrophages are immune to fear.
- Removed the fear effect caused by having talismans. Talismans are kept as valuable merchandise.
- Final human boss has been devoid of knockdown ability in one of his attacks. This makes battle with him much more fluid and less random.
- Final human boss helpers have been weakened.
- Azar Javed uses the ability to call ifryts in final encounter.